Sign in to follow this  
JUSS10

Has anyone tried a muffler like this?

JUSS10

My dad wants a stack but doesn't want to use the cub muffler that sits so high. I sawa green tractor with one that comes in at the side at the bottom. I like the look and it looks like a cub cadet/Kohler style muffler. Has anyone ever tried this?

I'll add a pic in a few. Sorry

Hmm no pic ....

JUSS10

Here we go

post-3029-0-83405500-1377990629_thumb.jp

Anglo Traction

Are you perhaps talking about the Gravely Muffler?. it looks like this-  140.jpg (pic borrowed from Bay of 'E' listing). I've seen Members Tractor pics on here with these. I think they are cool. Not available over here in UK, otherwise I'd get one.

gwest_ca

This Stens dealer in Canada will ship to the UK. The last one I got from them was made by Nelson in the USA. Good American quality.

http://www.bantasaw.com/

Worth contacting them to see if it is cost effective.

Nelson had a huge plant just up the road from me until about 15 years ago.

Garry in Canada.

• Like 1

Martin

justin, i have one of the cub cadet mufflers that im going to cut the bracket off and put on kent's 875. i think this is the same as what you are talking about? it came off a k321 that was on some sort of cub cadet tractor. not a real heavy muffler and cleaned up it should look ok. aim is to make it quieter than the pepper pot on it now.......

heres how it looks now. havent tried it on the 875 yet to see how much quieter it is. 

post-4321-0-20122600-1378047693_thumb.jp

• Like 1

JUSS10

Yeah that's the one. If you get a chance to mount it up for a test fit. Take a pic!

Stigian

It looks very similar the the muffler I have fitted to my GT 14+2, apart from the heat shield.

I was expecting a face full of fumes with the muffler so low, but much to my surprise it's not been a problem!

GT93_zps3d259185.jpg

C-101plowerpower

justin, i have one of the cub cadet mufflers that im going to cut the bracket off and put on kent's 875. i think this is the same as what you are talking about? it came off a k321 that was on some sort of cub cadet tractor. not a real heavy muffler and cleaned up it should look ok. aim is to make it quieter than the pepper pot on it now.......

heres how it looks now. havent tried it on the 875 yet to see how much quieter it is. 

attachicon.gifIMG_2292.JPG

i had the same muffler, i found it crap, the top cap( the one closest to the intake) came loose and started rattling, the intake pipe thingy came loose as it was only tack welded and on a scale from quiet 10 being a stack this thing was a 7.

just my :twocents-02cents: 

Koen

Martin

while im not experiencing any of the construction issues you mentioned on this well seasoned muffler, i did find its not any quieter than the pepper pot that is on it now. heres a video on how it sounds.....

th_IMG_2295_zps73b6e8d3.jpg

and heres a pic for you justin......

post-4321-0-08673700-1378200374_thumb.jp

Edited by Martin

gwest_ca

This Stens dealer in Canada will ship to the UK. The last one I got from them was made by Nelson in the USA. Good American quality.

http://www.bantasaw.com/

Worth contacting them to see if it is cost effective.

Nelson had a huge plant just up the road from me until about 15 years ago.

Garry in Canada.

I should have included the Gravely muffler part numbers 18543 and 20259700

Stens part number 105-262

Garry

546cowboy

I have used the IH muffler from TSC on a couple lately. They look pretty good but the paint they use will peel off if you try to take their sticker off dry.

post-1334-0-18384000-1378388181_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-04265800-1378388223_thumb.jp