Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Why is it........

Docwheelhorse

ALOT more FUN to finish mowing your big yard in the DARK with the G.E. 55 watters glowing for all there worth! :banana:

:horseplay: I quit 45 minutes after dark because I didn't want Sparky to start shooting at me with his kids new plastic pellet sniper rifle... :whistle:

I'll finish the lawn tommorow in the sun..... B)

dieselhorse

its a shame that WH didnt develope better lights for the earlier models, instead of the plastic lense set up. I have some 11 watt plastic sealed beam floods that dont do bad when put in a cub cadet headlight panel. I am trying to think of a set up to keep the factory lense, but put something a bit more focused behind it, without melting it. I wonder how a pair of halogen backup light bulbs for a car would work? Those lenses are plastic. Another idea I have, is to get the reflector housing chromed, that might add a bit more power to the light output, or I guess one could line the reflector portion with shiny foil to reflect more light. I just like to keep the factory light look, but get just a bit more light out of them. And yes, mowing in the dark is fun, till the dew gets so heavy that the grass starts plugging up the deck, then ya gotta pull the deck and clean it out. Cheers Mike

Teddy da Bear

I am fabricating holders for driving lights for my 1054 and for my GT-14.

Yeah....yeah.....I know you guys don't want me to change the original look.

Lane Ranger

Teddy: Post some photos of those fabricated lights for the 1054 when you get a chance. The old 1054 lights are often one of the first things to go on the old 1054's!

We could use some ideas on those lights to renew their utility!

Teddy da Bear

Teddy: Post some photos of those fabricated lights for the 1054 when you get a chance
Finally!!! Someone who appreciates my "Creativity"..... B)

The "look" is pictured on a post I made about a month or so ago.

Kelly

I had a reflector powder coated as close to chrome as they could, I have not tried it, but just bolted in with the lens over it I can see a big diff. I'm sure it will help, I've also been toying with the idea of LED bulbs, just make sure you get ones that project to the sides not straight out the end, and LED's are low heat so your lens should be safe.

And Teddy if you are going to use the tractor, by all means put the lights in, just don't drill holes, or anything that can't be put back stock, all though it is your's do as you want.