Sign in to follow this  
dieselhorse

Hot and Humid at Portland

dieselhorse

My wife and I just got home from the Portland IN tractor show and swap meet. We mainly just went thru the swap meet due to the high heat and not having our tractors to ride on. I scorred my fender pan hinge and slot hitch for the 8-8spd and a Kohler K161 powered 3kw Genset for the house. We had a great time, got to see the Wild Bill for a couple of minutes as it was quite busy. We visted with Brandon Pfifer from L&G collector mag as well as his editorial helper. My wife and I are going to do a report from the Ohio fall Plow Days at the Gonya family farm in West Independence OH. Saw lots of nice Horses and other models. The 500 special at Wild Bills tent was totaly awsome, now I am looking for one. I got a good look at a suburban, that diesel isnt gonna fit without some heavy mods to the hood support. I may just resell or swap the 551 and the diesel for other horse stuff. Here are some pics for all to enjoy. Mike and Michele T

000_1777.jpg

000_1778.jpg

000_1779.jpg

000_1780.jpg

000_1781.jpg

sorekiwi

Damn that 500 special is nice!

I've been a crew member at the 500 5 times, and although I missed the WH days I've heard a lot of stories (mainly about the excessive drinking and the Indy 2 1/2!)

My first year at the speedway (2000) we had Toro's to drag the cars onto the grid, but I dont recall them being any special model.

A 500 Special would be a welcome addition in my stable (even if I'm not a native hoosier!)

Teddy da Bear

I got to meet Wild Bill.....

He has a new purchase he is going to tell you about later. He also said he has a few pictures to post when he gets back home.

His wife and he were great to us.

The show was pretty difficult for me in the heat and hobbling around.

I gave up and likely did not see 20% of it. But still well worth it.

I never expected it to be so big.

I did manage to get a cable for my 1054....lol

combatmp29r

Mike, I'm sorry Ken and I missed you. Yours was the other number we didn't take with us :banghead: We di dhow ever get Glenn27's blade and tool box to BP. We hung out and visited with him some, and with Henry. Also got to see Ollie and a few others up there. I snuck out with some hard to find vert parts for way under market value, and a few pieces for future projects :USA:

dieselhorse

I would have hung out all day with Wild Bill and the gang, but with the heat and my wife along, I wasnt going to make her suffer, all the walking really did her in with the bad knee. Next time we will take the tractors along, so she has a way to get around easier. I also got some parts from Ollie, the horse is that much closer to being ready for plow day in October. I need to hit lowes and pick up some cable so I can fab up a lift cable. After talking to Brandon and his assistant, my wife and I will be doing a report on the October Ohio plow days, so lots of pics willl be taken. My wife plans to take her laptop so we can upload right there. Cheers Mike

Teddy da Bear

I was inocently taking a picture of this Panzer....

Looking at it later I noticed something odd in the background...

Hmmmm....

Green Wheel Horses!!!!! :USA:

What sadist comitted this attrocity???? :banghead:

Somebody out there....I think what is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Anyone with a deere that needs a red painjob???

Attached Image

post-10-1219601007.jpg

ol550

Hmmmm....

Green Wheel Horses!!!!! :thumbs:

Somebody out there....I think what is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Maybe they will be ripe by fall!! :omg: and not turn yellow. :USA:

The 500 Special I found had been painted Bolens green. :lol:

BPjunk

Mike,

Ya' shoulda' hung around just a little bit more with your camera ...... we hooked up my newly aquired 552 buisness end to buisness end with a chain to that dual engined four wheeled drive beast!!!! :horseplay: (uh ... good thing the tractors engines were not running!) :USA::banghead:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Teddy da Bear

You hooked it up and the engines weren't running???

Were you trying to "aquire" it? Your rustling tendancies are legendary... :banghead:

BPjunk

Hmmmm....

Green Wheel Horses!!!!! :thumbs:

Mike (Teddy da bear),

It was nice to get to met you and your wife at show AND yes it was the H O T part of the day.

I had seen those two Wheel Horses painted up in John Deere colors .... plus a few other Wheel Horses that were also painted like that. :omg::USA: Probably by next year you will not see this kind of exhibit, the owners of these tractors will see the raise in popularity and realize their wrong doings.

I thought about getting a small John Deere and painting it red then covering the tractor with Wheel Horse decals BUT why waste the paint and decals????

sorekiwi

BUT why waste the paint and decals????

:banghead:

Brrly1

Hey Bill I know that the 500 Special made the trip down with you,exactly how many went home with you. I know of at least one extra, was there more than that??? How many made the trip home Bill??? Now be honest!!! Burly

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Teddy da Bear
the owners of these tractors will see the raise in popularity and realize their wrong doings.
I think it is a clear case of penis........ooops I mean "wheel horse" envy. They want the reliability of a wheel horse but are too afraid of what their John Deere buddies will think..... :banghead:

dieselhorse

Good one Mike!! LMAO! I get the same things from cub guys, hey they are all neat machines, and any good fixed up old one is much better than anything from the local big box store. But your right, the simplicity of the older Wheel Horses, Simple frames, simple wiring ect, make them so much more stress free to repair or fix when they do break down. Also makes them good canidates for repowering with interesting engines! Cheers Mike