Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

C-125 = ONE HAPPY FELLA

illinilefttackle

:whistle: Who says Old Folks don't Rock! I got home from work to day, after stopping to get a bag of goodies from Advance Auto Parts. Oil.sea foam,carb cleaner, starting fluid,etc. I was fresh out of everything. Then I set to work-after a word with the MAN upstairs, Filled the crankcase of the K-301, put sea foam in the gas tank, got it ready to start-check list-and re check-A-ok.

Blew air into tank to prime pump and carb. Shot a little Snort of starting fluid into the carb-put the choke on-opened the throttle up half way- and then-and then-I turned the key-it started on the second revolution! WOW-does it sound good! Ran it at different, varying RPMs for about 15 minutes,set the carb ,and shut it down.

I retorqued the heads-boy did they loosen up! Then I put the New air filter and pre-filter on, checked for leaks, none. Then I got out the old Snap-On Timing light and checked the timing-right on-right in the middle of the hole.

I then put the Hood back on-and promptly got in the saddle! BOY-does this thing have power now! I good lift the front wheels with no effort! ( of course I did it in the front yard so a certain Deere fan could see!)

I must have been suffering along with 5-6 hp before-it drives like new Tractor!

I went back in and put on the deck-(Bless those Tach-a-matic guys!) Then I mowed the front lawn- No disrespect to my dads Ranch King, but I had forgot how well those 3 blades cut grass! MAN am I Pumped! Hydro way more responsive, everything works great!.

I changed the oil-it came out VERY clean. ROTELLA 30 W. I will probably stay with this oil. Just, my preference.

VIDEO and pics to follow-as soon as I negotiate it with my daughter (probably means going to little ceasars)-Promise!

By-The WAy! No more vibration than with the counter weights in!

Running smooth!- B) -AL

Sparky

Thats fantastic Al!!!!

Lookin forward to a video and some pics now.

Mike.........

Rollerman

Al great news to here you got her wipped.

Next time I'm out that way I hope to stop in & see the C 125. B)

Brrly1

Ya Hoo Getty up go Big Daddy That sounds great!!! Looking forward to some pictures. I don't know about popping wheelies already though. Might want to think that thru and get some hours on the motor then throw a log chain over your shoulder and go get that deere (Oh wait can I say that word here) anyway you get the idea. Congrats on a Job Well Done Big Al !!! Burly B):whistle:

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

WheelHorse_of_course

B) :banghead::whistle: :horseplay: :banana: :banghead:B):banghead::banghead:B)

B)

There is NOTHING like knowing you have made one of these horses happy and healthy again!!!

Well done !

T-Mo

Al,

That sounds great. I'm pleased that you're back in the saddle again. Enjoy it now. B)

pond195520032003

Al, Glad to hear you are back at the raigns :horseplay: pop very many wheelies and it might throw a shoe :whistle: B)

Teddy da Bear

Congradulations Al!

I wish I could do what you did! B)

Hey! Just so the deere man across the street knows it's done. How about rolling under his bedroom window at 5 am and let her rip!!! (leave the muffler at home)...:whistle:

I hope to stop in & see the C 125
I wish I could too Stephen.

Al....I could make room in my trailer if you want to go show it off in Mentone???

linen beige

Then I got out the old Snap-On Timing light and checked the timing-right on-right in the middle of the hole.

B)

Did you think to check the dwell and give us a reference reading to satisfy our curiousity?

illinilefttackle

B)

Did you think to check the dwell and give us a reference reading to satisfy our curiousity?

:whistle: Linen-OOPS! I was so busy celebrating I forgot to check-I did check the timing-right on!-So the Dwell should be a good reference- Ill do it tomorrow-post when I get done

WOW-what A feeling of relief! I feel like I did after my first auto rebuild almost 50 years ago.-Thanks-check out the video in the other post!-AL

linen beige

I feel like I did after my first auto rebuild almost 50 years ago

You were running with more lube than just the STP in this one though! B)