Sign in to follow this  
shallowwatersailor

Single-Stage Snow blower -Tall Chute vs Low Chute

shallowwatersailor

I have my eye on a low-chute single-stage snow blower. How capable are they compared to the later tall-chute snow blowers? Do the tall chute clog more often because they don't have the second stage? My experience is only with large walk-behind two-stage snow blowers.

qd-16

My experience is the taller chute directs the snow stream a little better than the shorter chute....the taller chute blower  that I have is a single stage.

Edited by qd-16

squonk

I've only used my tall chute once, but it's the coolest  :wh:  attachment I have! :thumbs:

timo4352

Once you see how fast this thing spins I don't think you'll be too concerned about clogging or lack of a second stage.

I just hooked mine up for the first time today and was really shocked how fast it turns. I think I'll silicone the insides for extra non-stick-ability. :)

Edited by timo4352

Jeremy Watson

i have had both and the big difference in the gear drive on the tall chute vs the cable on the short chute.  the gear drive is the way to go.

Forest Road

They both clear snow equally well. The tall shoot directs it a little better. The far drive on tall shoot is better than the old cable rotator.

If you found a really clean short chute I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.