gcole

Tire size

gcole

hi guys I got a question for the puller crowd. I'm wondering what size of tire to run on my 312 with 18 onan. The first pull I put the 23x10.50s off my c-120 on it and it never really worked the motor the Tractor has a 5 inch engine pulley to the stock trans pulley and does about 15 kilometers an hour maxed out. So my question is do I run 26x12s or 24x12s? Thanks in advance

Cheetah

Kind of hard to answer your question without more information.

What style tires are you running? Ag or turf? What brand? Some tires don't work well no matter how big you go.

Are you allowed to change the pulley ratios? Gearing it for more speed will make your motor work.

The 15 kilometers - is that while hooked to the sled? Or just driving around?

SousaKerry

Also what does your club allow for tire size?

The club I pull with separates classes with weight, tire size, and style

for instance we have

10hp 23x10.5x12 turf 800lb

10hp 23x10.5x12 ag 800lb

10hp 23x10.5x12 turf 950lb

10hp 23x10.5x12 ag 950lb

you can't move up to 24 or 26 tires until the modified classes

I run carlile Tru-Powers and the turfs will spin out long before the ags do.  The ags will dang near stall the motor before they spin out in high 2nd.

gcole

In the classes I run the maximum tire size is 26x12. The tires I had on it for the first pull were 23x10.50 tru-powers. The 15 kilometers is what I checked it at running it around but it gets real close to that wile pulling. Also the bigger tires I were thinking of running are both OTR trackmasters. Here's a pick of what they look like

photo_zps8b36f13f.jpg

Ryan&Dwayne

Hello all, I am new to this and I have a few questions. I just got a 414-8 for my son who wants to do some pulling and I wanted to put bigger tires on the back. I am looking at some ag tires and I wanted to go bigger but everything is stock so I was wander if I could put a 23x10.5x12 on it without them rubbing. The tractor has 23x8.5x12 on it now. The gas tank is under the seat so right now I have about 2 inches between the tire and the tank. I also would like to go ahead and put chrome wheels on it. Any suggestions?

shorts

You should probably contact the local pulling organization and find out what their rules and classes are before you spend money on parts and or mods that may not be allowed

Ryan&Dwayne

Ok pullers I have checked and I think the 23x10.5x12's are ok to run where we are pulling. I was wandering if anyone could tell me where I can get the chrome wheels and ag tires from and what is the offset or wheel size that I can put on my stock 414-8. I think the wider tire would be better for pulling so I kinda want to go as wide as I can on my stock tractor.

Ryan&Dwayne

I was also wandering where I can find the adjustable hitch to fit my 414-8

chris11

The hitch you can find on ebay, The wheels you can get from Midwest super cub. you have to understand what off set is. to make sure they clear.

• Like 1