Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse79

New Stens throttle cable pulled apart

WheelHorse79

I bought a Stens choke and throttle cable a few months ago.  I hooked up the throttle cable this weekend, and while testing it, the handle pulled out of the cable.  Is there another manufacturer of reproduction throttle cables that are higher quality than the Stens one?  My tractor is an 854.

Thanks!

varosd

seems the aftermarket cables can be junk.  there are previous posts about this topic under the Search function.  most folks try to get used cables from a parted out rig.

rmaynard

I have a genuine Toro replacement throttle cable on my Commando 8. It too has a problem with the knob pulling off and the locking mechanism coming apart. Either the throttle won't hold or I can't get it to move. The design is terrible. Now I know why many of the tractors I have seen have been butchered and modified with other types of throttle controls. Being a purist, I have tried to live with the original style cable. However, if I were just being practical, I would replace it with something else.

rwilson

The stens is the only one I know of besides the genuine Toro replacement. They are probably made by the same company anyway.

KC9KAS

Did you contact STENs about the defective cable?

Did you get your $$ back, or a replacement?

They are going to get some bad publicity if they sell lousy parts.