Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

RJ35 offered to me and a 550...

Hammerhead

While I was at the Mt. Gilead Show, a guy I talked to a couple times about his WH's came up to me and wanted to know if I wanted to buy the 2 he had and they were the one's we talked about the past couple of shows. He said one was a 1956 RJ35 with a Clinton motor and a mower deck, it was restored several years ago, before he bought it. The other was a 1960 550 in original condition and ran 2 years ago. I said I'd like to see them and set up a time. I went Wednesday to get them and he wanted to sell them as a pair. $500 for the RJ35 and $250 for the 550. He wouldn't take no less for them so I had to pay full price. The RJ35 looked great but the 550 was a little rough and it had a replacement H60 motor on it. It was the old style H60 with the good old heavy duty recoil starter on it and steel low rise engine mount, not the correct cast iron one though. So I bought them both and my buddy got the 550 sight unseen and I took home the RJ35. I was having a good time on the way home looking in the back of the mighty van seeing the old girls sitting there, going home to join the herd. I cleaned them both up a little bit and they look pretty good, especially the 1956. I'll have to do some derigging on it but not too bad. It looks more like a 1955 to me than a 1956. I'll have to check the inside of the rims to see what color is underneath the tires. I can tell that the tires were not taken off the rims when it was repainted some 10 to 15 years ago. The PO had it for 10 years so it had to be restored before that. Any ideas on what model this is Clay or any other RJ35 guys can chime in on this subject. Thanks in advance. Hammerhead

043_zps92560411.jpg041_zpsfc6ffd2c.jpg077_zps5a9e967d.jpg032_zps2025a56e.jpg

• Like 2

neil

Wow , what a find , I love it when these little guys are found especislly the RJ35

Would that be a replacement steering wheel on the 35 ?

AMC RULES

Both good looking tractors for the money.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Jake Kuhn

Nice finds!

clemedc

great find at a nice price