Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

work horse,

jerrell

B) Back again with some questions regarding the differences between a GT-1848 Work Horse and a GT-1800, what are the differences? TT id'ed this thing for me but i don't know what parts to get for it , i am in the process of tearing it completely apart, getting a new lift and controls, PTO, seat, fenders, and engine and will spend some time painting and i'll be ready to go.

1982 A1-1848 01 GT 1848

1983 D1-1848 01 GT1848

1984 A1-1800 01 GT1800

i cannot find a number anywhere on this thing but maybe when i get it tore completely apart i find some numbers...thanks jerry

DSCN0002-1.jpg

TT

The only form of identification were the numbers that were inked onto the I.D. sticker.

DSCN0002.jpg

Since the engine is missing, you don't have the "code" numbers to go by from it either. (would have given the build date of the engine)

These tractors were sold with the mower deck included in the price. The model number designated the hp and the size of cut. In 1984, I think the decks were sold separately, so the model number only showed the hp. (followed by two zeros)

I honestly haven't encountered any differences in any of these tractors, other than the 1982 models had metallic pewter paint as opposed to the non-metallic pewter used on the '83/'84 models.

jerrell

B) TT, thanks you really know how to work that computer , ive been working all morning trying to get the pic uploaded. do you know what model fenders and seat and foot rests would work, maybe i could get a parts tractor and get them all, i've been looking and have a lead on some but only by looks not really knowing if they will bolt up without modification,? thanks again. jerry

TT

The fenders, seat, and footrests from just about any of the 300, 400, or 500 series tractors will physically bolt on your GT, as will the parts from the other GT models. (1100/1142, 1600/1642, and naturally the 1800/1842)

The left side cover should be solid (no hole for the manual lift lever) and the correct drive belt guard depends on what engine you decide to use (twin or single cylinder)