Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

None Of My Business - Winter....

leeave96

Around my neck of the woods it has been mighty cool ALL summer and wet!  It's got me wondering if I should add to the wood pile and dig out the snowblower and blade for real this year - ready to mount on the Wheelhorse.

I got a bad feeling about this upcoming winter...... ;)

Tankman

Get ready! I have the same thoughts.

Don't use the snowblower, use two Horses with plows. Thank goodness I have Stallions!

Never saw the lawns so green 1st week in August. Is this global warning? I better call Mr. Gore! :angry-chillpill:

• Like 1

rmaynard

I keep the 250 gallon propane tank full, the gas cans full, the generator checked out and ready, and the snow plow and chains are always on the B-100.

Let it snow.  :occasion-snowman:  It might as well, summer never got here this year.  :angry-tappingfoot:  :banana-skier:

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

I keep the 250 gallon propane tank full, the gas cans full, the generator checked out and ready, and the snow plow and chains are always on the B-100.

Let it snow.  :occasion-snowman:  It might as well, summer never got here this year.  :angry-tappingfoot:  :banana-skier:

What do you mean summer never got here? That's because you live so far north of me. :ychain: This is the winter for snow, Bob.

KATO

Holy cow ....talkin about winter already ??? sure its been a little cooler than most but i would much rather have

70 degrees instead of 90+ Have no fear snow is months away :text-merryxmas:

Tankman

Don't forget a case of Tidewater! Love the stuff!

Had relatives in Denton, I always brought a few bottles home after my fishin' weekends, bay or Choptank River.  :)

PS. All those Eastern Shoremen do is fish, fish, fish. What's with that?

stevasaurus

All this snow talk already is just like dangling a carrot in front of me. :)   It can start snowing tomorrow as far as I am concerned. I hate going around in circles mowing the grass...would much rather run sidewalk with the snow blade. :woohoo:   Bring on winter.!!!

• Like 3

DoctorHfuhruhurr

It will only be a bad winter IF you prepare for it.  

• Like 2

CasualObserver

It will only be a bad winter IF you prepare for it.  

I think it always seems the opposite!  It's worse when your not prepared!

• Like 2

rmaynard

What do you mean summer never got here? That's because you live so far north of me. :ychain: This is the winter for snow, Bob.

Maybe it's been hot down there with all that hot air coming out of DC, but up north here I don't think there has been a stretch more than a week with temps over 85 degrees.

• Like 1

546cowboy

Is there actually anybody here who believes that global warming BS? Al gore couldn't pour ------ out of a boot with instructions on the heal.Watch the weather on the news  everyday. See how many days those high temps were set decades ago. There are as many if not more scientists (I use the word loosely) who don't see it that way. Back in the 70's I wonder why they weren't telling us another ice age was coming. Man we had a lot of snow back then and -20 wasn't unusual either.

I don't think in the last five years I have had to plow 20 times. I don't have to go anywhere so it really doesn't bother me and besides that it's really peaceful when it does snow here in the country. I like to sit on the back porch and watch it come down myself. But when that wind starts blowing the house and wood burner sure do feel good. It is fun though to get one of the horses out and watch that plow do it's work.

stevasaurus

I believe in Global Warming...Al Gore is my Hero. :)    I also believed in the Mayan Calendar...the turn of the century computer shut down...and Emoticons achieving consciousness and taking over the world. :eusa-think::bow-blue:

• Like 5

Icepuck72

We haven't much of a Summer here in Central VA.....but the mets are saying it will be an early fall....but then that usually means a warmer winter.  Don't kill the messenger!!!

MalMac

Well it's a little early for me to think about snow. From what I have seen from the last prior years I can say that it does not snow in Northern Indiana anymore. You have got to go south, that's where the snow has been. Gota get down there in KY, TN. Just does not snow up here anymore. I myself probably won't put the snow equipment on this year. Got already last year and nothin. If we do get the big one well nature put it here, nature can remove it. Would not be the first time I was not prepared with the tractors, just tired of going through all the hassle. With said we will probably have the first blizzard in August ever.

Tankman

I believe in Global Warming...Al Gore is my Hero. :)    I also believed in the Mayan Calendar...the turn of the century computer shut down...and Emoticons achieving consciousness and taking over the world. :eusa-think::bow-blue:

At the turn of the century, I purchased some meds so I wouldn't get the PC virus. Saved me....I think.

Al Gore is my Hero too! He should just pay his $3,000.00+ monthly electric bills on time. All would be great then!

• Like 1

kaiser

We haven't much of a Summer here in Central VA.....but the mets are saying it will be an early fall....but then that usually means a warmer winter.  Don't kill the messenger!!!

i don't know if i'd trust a bad baseball team to predict the weather, but i'm not ready for winter....having too much fun with our new property and all my seat time. :)

608KEB

Crony capitalism

• Like 1

RMCIII

Global warming. < Sure I too believe in that stuff. Oh, I also have 500 acres in Alaska I am willing to sell at the very cheap rate of only $5.00 an acre. :ychain: As for unusual temps. Yep, just a cycle that God has created and scientists have not been able to figure out. So, they have to call it something, Global Warming...... Now, for the question of just how much snow this year, my thought is, whatever it is, IT IS NOT ENOUGH!!!! :laughing-rofl: Could be as much as the late 70's blizzards, still would not be enough for me. SO BRING ON THE WHITE STUFF. My :twocents-02cents: worth.

Hodge71

Global warming. < Sure I too believe in that stuff. Oh, I also have 500 acres in Alaska I am willing to sell at the very cheap rate of only $5.00 an acre. :ychain: As for unusual temps. Yep, just a cycle that God has created and scientists have not been able to figure out. So, they have to call it something, Global Warming...... Now, for the question of just how much snow this year, my thought is, whatever it is, IT IS NOT ENOUGH!!!! :laughing-rofl: Could be as much as the late 70's blizzards, still would not be enough for me. SO BRING ON THE WHITE STUFF. My :twocents-02cents: worth.

I agree with this 100 percent. Nobody was screaming that we were heading into an ice age when we were getting blasted by blizzard after blizzard all throughout the 70's and 80's. I can remember there being so much snow almost every year that we had no place to push it with my Dads 12 Auto. It was normal to get  6+ inches of snow twice  a week all winter long and a couple storms with 12 -18 a couple times a winter here in the northeast. I was making ore money plowing than I was cutting grass in the warm weather. So much so that a friend pushed his Dad to buy  tractor to try and cut into my business. Well his dad bought a little John Deere that couldn't push 3 inches of snow and the people he stole from me came back after the first big storm when he couldnt clear them out!!!

Edited by hodge71
  • Like 1

papaglide

Bring it on. "Global warming?" I call b##s##t on that! Snow in the seventies that stuck from mid november to early march with no grass to be seen! Now thats winter, not this sissy stuff we get now! 3 tractors and 3 plows plus a Toro snowblower......bring it on Old Man!!!

Trouty56

Some good reading on greenhouse gas.....google cow farts....lol.....I would like to see a couple good snows also.....maybe this year it will hit our area.....

AMC RULES

Yeah...the grass is always greener on the other side, until you get over there. 

Be careful what you wish for when doing your snow dance...

whether extremes are statistically the number one killer of old farts like you and me. 

varosd

and what happened to all the cicadas??  didn't see a one! :eusa-think:

RMCIII

Jeff:

Yep, the winters we use to see, are just around the corner again. If you trace history, you will see, this is a trend. Maybe not to the exact timeframe, but definitely a trend. But with each new generation, you get further from the timeframe we remember. Seems no one is reading their history books any longer. Or, if they are, seems they are only teaching about the last 30 years. Regardless, I remember so much snow that a road grader, with a front "V" blade could only push the snow just past our 2nd driveway. We lived about 1/4 off the main road that went through our little town. Snow was so high, my 2 sisters and I used it to launch us down the road that was open. The snow stayed their for an entire week, until an end loader and dump truck was brought in to remove the snow. To your point also, farmers were being asked, by the government, to help with the snow removal. Check this out in the late 70's we were getting $75/hr to blow snow or remove snow if you had a tractor with a blade. It was ridicules. Course all the farmers were not complaining. $75/hr, who even heard of that rate back in the 70's? Schools would be shut down for weeks on end. We would be going to school until late June sometimes. Snowmobiles were the "only" means of getting supplies. Could go on. I think that could be considered an Ice Age.. But no one ever mentioned it like that during that time frame. It was just called WEATHER>

Don;

I've seen plenty of Cicadas.. Got so many that the Cicada wasps have nests along our driveway and sidewalk. They are some big wasps, but the good thing is, they are extremely docile to anything but the cicada. Unless you aggravate them repeatedly.

• Like 1

Digger 66

Around my neck of the woods it has been mighty cool ALL summer and wet!  It's got me wondering if I should add to the wood pile and dig out the snowblower and blade for real this year - ready to mount on the Wheelhorse.

I got a bad feeling about this upcoming winter...... ;)

From a snowmobilers point of view , I hope you're right !