Sign in to follow this  
dusted800

what to look for in D series

dusted800

going to look at a D180 tomorrow, what kind of problems did they have and what should I look for. The owner says it smokes some, is that something that I can get parts for. thanx. wnk.

Teddy da Bear

B) Dusted!

So glad you could join us.

I am afraid that parts alone might not stop the smoke on that engine.

It might also need machining of the cylinder walls. Or valves machined.

It depends on how much it smokes......and why.

Just use common sense when looking at the tractor. Ask lots of questions.

Does it run strong? All hydraulics strong? Fluid leaks? Original engine or rebuild? Does it use oil? Anything not working that should be? And anything else you can think of.

There will most likely be someone along shortly who can give you a more detailed help.

gottahavvitt

going to look at a D180 tomorrow, what kind of problems did they have and what should I look for. The owner says it smokes some, is that something that I can get parts for. thanx. wnk.

B) Let me know when you see the d series. I am going out your way sort of on Saturday to pick up those RJs I was tewlling you about.

Good Luck

pond195520032003

:banghead: Dusted, the main problem with the D series tractors is the Hydraulic pump and Hydraulic motor :whistle: if it whines loud while driving it around and gets worse in reverse :banghead: then its going to need a rebuild more than likely B) check the fluid level in the transmission(will be on right side top) these are expensive to get rebuilt but can fiond good used parts at a decent price! B) I have a D-200 and just rebuilt the rearend last fall B)

I also have parts, along with some other members have parts B)

sshell

:whistle: I dont have any knowladge of the d series, I am getting a d-160 from my uncle this fall though B) I am sure you will find the time you spend here reading post as enjoyable as I do. :horseplay:

rocking 416

i have two d series 70's models im purdy sure there d 160's or 80s have to look but i will sell them both two you for 1000$ one has bad mower deck other bad trans but there pretty complete they been siting for awile but would make a good project and you could make one good tractor out of them or possibly two . i could rebuild the trans but i dont have any extra money . and have to many other projects email if ur interested Daniel