Sign in to follow this  
Vinylguy

Allis 310 and Snapper zero turn

Vinylguy

Can anyone give me an idea of the popularity of this Allis-Chalmers 310. 

I am not familiar with this model at all but for some reason I like it. 

Owner repainted it for his Uncle 6 years ago and the 10 HP Kohler was completely overhauled

at that time. It sounds awesome and the deck was new 6 years ago also and he says it has less than 200 hours since rebuild.

No rust anywhere that I can see. The Zero turn is  a 1990 to 93 with a Kohler twin Magnum 18. He mowed an acre with it last night

and it runs and drive great. not real pretty but with a good clean up and a few new decals it will look much better.

Like anything else they are worth what someone is willing to pay but I have no idea if either these are desirable for allis or snapper fans. 

gallery_74_25_5127687.png

gallery_74_25_1492709.png

Vinylguy

Started out with a little Lawn Ranger that I still have but

since then I can not seem to stop buying trading and selling. 

I bought a package deal this spring, 16 hydro no name with plow, disc tiller and snow blade.

Sold the attachments and took my tractor to PA and sold it. Bought a sweet 520-H

and loved it. Found a set of twin 416s on CL and bought them.

1 week later I updated my 520-h with the good parts off one of the 416-H s

and then sold that 416-H. for a fair profit. Just one week later I reluctantly sold my 

nice 520-H for a nice check and the 2 machines pictured above.

I  have managed to deal and barter my way from no WH tractors to a lawn Ranger, A 416-H with snow blower,

an AC 310 with a Kohler 10 horse and new deck, 1 snapper z180 zero turn with an 18 Kohler magnum (Not real pretty) but runs drives and mows awesome.

And after doing the math I have + $250 cash in my WH tractor fund 

Next step is to clean and polish the 2  off brands as good as possible and park them in the golden spot in front of my shop and turn them into 

Wheel Horse tractor cash. Hoping to buy sell and trade my way up to enough WH money to buy a completely rebuilt piece of Wheel Horse History.

Or maybe pay one of our talented members to restore my 416-H to like new condition.

Who knows but man do I enjoy the chase and the deals.

I may be in the second stage of Horseaholism. There is no hope for recovery.

• Like 2

Ken B

I really have no idea on the value's but I'll take a shot on what I'd be looking to get. First, I'd clean them up just like you said and make them look as spiffy as possible. Neither one is collectible IMO but I do know the Allis is a pretty solid machine and does have a good following. The Snapper is pretty darn cool looking and it looks to have been well maintained.

If they were mine, I'd park them in the Golden Spot (at the end of the drive at my Dads house) and ask 1000 bucks each.

Vinylguy

Thanks Ken

Just finished my morning to do list in the shop and am going to take a break to go power wash and de - grease the Donkeys (non WH Machines)

It is farmers market day here so want to get the allis out front right away and see how fast I can flip it.

Then back to work on a couple Custom WH decal orders so I can ship them today. 

gallery_74_25_749098.png

perry

The Allis 300-400 models are their own breed .only limited attachments will interchange with simplicity and other Allis tractors.

Allis 300-400 info - http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/search.asp?mode=DoIt

Allis 300-400 brochures - http://www.simpletractors.com/models/ac_400_series.htm

416_lg.JPG