Sign in to follow this  
Stepney

7-1311 Sickle mower

Stepney

Hello again, I just found a 7-1311 Sickle mower on Craigslist, and I was interested in it... I have an Electro 12, and read on here it would fit on one. But I was wondering if there was a way to mount it on a B-100. I just want to make sure it's the right one first. 

Thanks all,

Spenser

Here's the link.    http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/3952497600.html

Kelly

I wonder why the drive pulleys are on the wrong side?? it should fit, but the issue is driving it at the right speed, your B-100 has the large PTO on it, most of these sickle bars were made to be used on tractors with out the big PTO bell, other than that should be good, I see no price have you called to see what they want??  

Stepney

No, I haven't. I was wondering the same thing though. Does it look complete, I've never seen one in person. So, in other words, the mower will fit, but I'll have to run the engine slower, or maybe find a different pulley for the sickle?

Spenser.

Kelly

All the big stuff looks to be there, missing the transport bar, can't see if the foot PTO is there, I have one on a newer tractor, I removed the engine mounted PTO, installed a 2.5" pulley on the crank, and hooked it up with the foot PTO mounted on the sickle bar, sickle bars in good working order bring $300-500 look at the teeth, they are very hard to find, in fact almost can't find them. many are broken on most I see.