Sign in to follow this  
Griff

Started laughing then burst into tears

Griff

I've just got the prices from my local dealer for the tiller hitch i'm after . £325.48 plus 20 per cent tax. Total £390.58. I've stopped crying and have burst out laughing again. Do Toro make these things out of Kryptonite or something? GEEEZE :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

• Like 1

meadowfield

Ouch!

stevasaurus

Griff...Toro is making the case for over priced stuff on E-Bay and CL.  I think they really want to get out from under the Wheel Horse name.  While I still like to support my local Toro dealer, the dealer in my town probably charges 30% more then you can buy an item at online Toro sites.  I have talked to them about this and even given them the site...deaf ears.  I am glad they are easy to work on, we have a site like this where you can find used and NOS parts and you can also get the help to do what you need to do. :)

Shuboxlover

What hitch do you need? I may have one...

dennist

20% Tax! That is just incredible.

• Like 1

neil

over here in UK , we get charged 20% tax on virtually everything we buy .

you wouldnt beleive what taxes we now have here in UK , it is staggering

Griff , i would ask around here on Redsquare or even look on US ebay for what you are looking for as im sure someone in US has one for sale .

KC9KAS

That is why we had the "Boston Tea Party"  Taxation without representation.

Now we have......Taxation without local representation!

Trouty56

That is why we had the "Boston Tea Party"  Taxation without representation.

Now we have......Taxation without local representation!

Even though we complain....in the US we are not taxed as heavily as most advanced economic countries....and on top of that....our personal income tax rates are progressive.......more you earn the higher percentage you pay....the top 1% pay about 75% of the tax....maybe more.

It is hard to compare some of the "other taxes" (I kinda throw healthcare into this crap pile as it is another cost that is uncontrolled)....that is where it may equal out a bit....

Griff

I think when the days of the mail coaches came to an end Mr Richard Turpin esq. applied to Toro for a job. Going on his past profession they knew they had an opening for him. I now know what TORO stands for , it's Totally Outrageous Rip Off ! I've just pulled my wanted ad for a hitch as there was nothing happening. I'm trying to post a pic for you, Shuboxlover but things aren't working this end.

• Like 1

neil

The british government has now even slapped  a tax on houses with empty bedrooms called the (Bedroom Tax)  in other words :-

If you have a spare bedroom and it is empty the government will charge you around $40.00,  not  quite sure if that is weekly or monthly though

Stormin

That only applies if you are claiming housing benefit, Neil.

specialwheelhorse

Well Well Well The way things are going that's what we have to look forward to !!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoooopeee

Getting something I didn't bargain for       JIM in Texas

Griff

OH MY GOD. I've just bought one of these off a RS member and i can't look at that price without having suicidal thoughts. Thanks for posting the link! No the one i'm after is the one with the pulley that fits onto the ebay one. This is it without the pulley.

post-10450-0-97886600-1374433551.jpg