Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

My 300 mutt earning it's keep

Rollerman

Pulled the cart back out into the back lawn today to plant more lilacs along the property line & mow around the evergreen trees.

It's more or less a cart puller since I don't have any of the PTO pieces other than the friction plate.

2013-07-14_10-31-12_262_zps6939a16c.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Looks like she is a good worker!!!

Sparky

Looks pretty good for a "Mutt" . How do you like having more acreage to care for?

Mike...........

Rollerman

Looks pretty good for a "Mutt" . How do you like having more acreage to care for?

Mike...........

Mike the father inlaws 60" Z turn makes pretty quick work of the mowing, other than that it's pretty nice having the extra room.

At least till taxes are due.

KC9KAS

From the thread description, I was expecting smoething needing a lot of work, but NO..........It is a very nice looking WH.

Rollerman

From the thread description, I was expecting smoething needing a lot of work, but NO..........It is a very nice looking WH.

Thanks, here's a link detailing some of the rebuild of it back from 2011.

Wheel-N-It

Stephen, what kind of engine was in it when you originally bought the 312???

I put together a Mutt this year too. It started out as a 310-8 without a 10M engine. Then became a 310-8 with a 10M engine (that smoked like a freight train). That motor went back on the shelf, and then it became a 312-8 with a K301 engine. That motor did not go back on the shelf. I guess the only thing that keeps it from being a true 312-8 is the 1" rear axles, which is no big deal for me.

Anyway, how does this compare to yours???

I love the Mutts :happy-jumpeveryone:           <--------o      Mutts

BTW, I remembr your "Build" thread on this Horse

Edited by Wheel-N-It

Rollerman

Stephen, what kind of engine was in it when you originally bought the 312???

I put together a Mutt this year too. It started out as a 310-8 without a 10M engine. Then became a 310-8 with a 10M engine (that smoked like a freight train). That motor went back on the shelf, and then it became a 312-8 with a K301 engine. That motor did not go back on the shelf. I guess the only thing that keeps it from being a true 312-8 is the 1" rear axles, which is no big deal for me.

Anyway, how does this compare to yours???

I love the Mutts :happy-jumpeveryone:           <--------o      Mutts

BTW, I remembr your "Build" thread on this Horse

Van the remains of the original engine (an M12) were sitting in a tub & various parts containers...all full of water & rusted up.

The carb & starter had been scavenged already.

I had it running with the 11HP Briggs, but came across a Craigslist Horse that was a cobbled up Mutt...maybe a Raider 12 in a former life??

It had a decent running K301 in it, I still need to rebush the throttle shaft on the carb, adjust the valve lifters & governor yet...but it runs acceptable.

TT helped me with converting over the stator to the later style parts out of the M12 parts pile over a phone conversation. :handgestures-thumbup:

So yeah...WheelHorse mutts are kinda like lego's, build, tear down, rebuild again.