Sign in to follow this  
Rideking

Help identify my snow thrower

Rideking

I've been on the search for a snow thrower for a while now but they seem to be quite scarce here in Missouri! I took our vacation to Minnesota as an opportunity to seek out a thrower and came across this thrower. It appears to be in pretty good shape, however I can't find any identifying tags or numbers? Any thoughts on to what model this is?

image.jpg

stevasaurus

Looks like a ST-376 to me.  The 6 is the year (1966)...37 is the width.  Look at this link.  It has the guard over the shoot turning handle.

gwest_ca

The 1974 model 6-6213 was the first model to use side extensions with the front straight return so it's older than that.

That leaves

1966-1967 model ST-376,

1968 model  6-1211,

1969 models 6-6211 plus 6-9111,

1970-1973 model 6-6212 plus 6-9112 or 6-9113

Cable is wrapped around the 1/2" crank shaft. Spool was added to the shaft in 1975.

Garry

Rideking

What completing kit would have been offered with the st-376? Mine appears to hook up to the 310-8 with no problems, did someone update the completing kit to a newer style? Should I expect any problems running it on the 310?

image-2.jpg

gwest_ca

I listed all the 37" models which was not the correct thing to do. It must be the 6-6212 with the 6-9113 kit to fit the front quick hitch new in 1973. In 1974 they included the extensions making the same unit 42".

Garry