Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

OK Here's a picture for the I DON"T LIKE TECUMSEH folks

AMC RULES

And I see you're leading the pack while you're doing it.   :scared-eek: 

:woohoo:  The Techy's ruled that track. 

• Like 2

fourwheels0

hhmm maybe he was about to be lapped? lol.

• Like 3

Rollerman

It kinda looks like he's holding up the parade. :ychain:

• Like 1

Ken B

Awesome picture Bill!

Wheel-N-It

A little too lean???? :auto-checkeredflag:

wallfish

They should've just made a remote dial in the dash for adjusting those carbs!  

• Like 4

Fordiesel69

That is great.  Each and every time I need to run the snowblower (H60) and the rototiller (H40) the carb needs a little adjustment. 

Wheel Horse Kid

Great pic! Have had one Tecky so far and I did not like very much...Would take a Kohler over a Tecky anyday.

squonk

That looks slightly familiar! :eusa-whistle:

They should've just made a remote dial in the dash for adjusting those carbs!  

I need one of those!

VinsRJ

Even the finest race motors need a little track tuning!

• Like 2

KATO

:text-yeahthat::auto-swerve:

stevasaurus

Great picture Bill.  Two years ago at the show, I took a 502 through the parade.  It quit running while I was in line waiting...pushed it up until it was my turn...hopped back on and it started...stayed running while you talked about it and then it quit again just as I got back to the tent.  gotta love those Techys. :)

• Like 1

SousaKerry

There is an old JD mechanic at work that says the full name of Tecumseh is "Fu@#$*g Tecumseh"

I have no idea what he means :whistle:

Edited by SousaKerry
  • Like 2

BPjunk

Here's a little more back ground on this picture ....... so here is the rest of the story. We were invited down to the Florida Flywheelers Show to show our lawn and garden tractors ....... and give a speech about our particular brand (me being Wheel Horse). I brought down with me the newly restored 500 SPECIAL and survivor model 854, Brandon Pfeiffer did not bring any of his John Deere collection so I let him drive the 854. The parade was started out with all of the garden tractors ........ AND YA'LL KNOW DANG WELL THAT I WAS NOT 'BOUT TO LET ANY OTHER BRAND OF TRACTOR BESIDES A WHEEL HORSE LEAD THAT PARADE !!!!  So I made sure Brandon and I were at the beginning of the parade. But as things would have it the Tecumsehs H-60 carburetor started to act up just as the parade got going ...... this was not going to stop the 500 SPECIAL with me driving .... I swung out my right foot for balance as I leaned out and positioned my left hand to the mixture screw at the bowel of the carburetor for a adjustment ! ( ya' can ask anybody who has seen me in a tractor pull, doing work ..... or lets say stunts with a Wheel Horse that Yes Wild Bill can drive) And this when the Florida Flywheelers club photographer just happened to be there and take the picture.

One of the other fun things at that show was me getting the idea that I could go through the swap meet and gather enough parts to make a pullin' tractor over night to enter in the tractor pull on Saturday, unfortunately the price was more then I was going to pay ..... but I wanted to pull soooooooo  ...... I borrowed a set of 12 x 6 bar lug tires and enough weights to make my model 854 be eligible in the 1,000 pound class. With me on the 854 we weighed in at 600 pounds .... and didn't do that good in the pull .... but but but I did beat out a John Deere that weighed a lot more !!!!

Wild Bill 

Richmond , VA

specialwheelhorse

It would have been much closer to weight if I had been on it Bill.

You just gota eat more naners er sumpin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIM In Texas

Edited by specialwheelhorse
  • Like 1

squonk

Great picture Bill.  Two years ago at the show, I took a 502 through the parade.  It quit running while I was in line waiting...pushed it up until it was my turn...hopped back on and it started...stayed running while you talked about it and then it quit again just as I got back to the tent.  gotta love those Techys. :)

It' s nice to know you had a "normal running" Tecky!

• Like 1

Butch

I'm sorry but that's not Wild Bill. It's a very good imposter. Apparently this imposter doesn't know that Wild Bill only wears white pants.

Coadster32

I'm sorry but that's not Wild Bill. It's a very good imposter. Apparently this imposter doesn't know that Wild Bill only wears white pants.

The boots are a dead give-away. Great story Bill!

Stepney

Ha! I wondered what was happening there, I was there that day! At-least it's running 'properly'...

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:  Well I have to tell u that I have 2 teckeys now  a 657 and a 606 with the original engines. And I was like most I did not think they where much either. but if u  do the carbs the right way I think they are a fine running engine. In snow blowers they where King for years that has some thing to say about them.  So my vote is yes for Tecumseh. Gary  B.................

Edited by T1257

Kevbo

Haha!! Yea, my C-160 that I traded had a tecumseh that I was not fond of just because the carb could never be tuned "perfectly"...won't buy another one.

Ed Kennell

:USA:  :wh:  Well I have to tell u that I have 2 teckeys now  a 657 and a 606 with the original engines. And I was like most I did not think they where much either. but if u  do the carbs the right way I think they are a fine running engine. In snow blowers they where King for years that has some thing to say about them.  So my vote is yes for Tecumseh. Gary  B.................

My '74 C-120 w/HH120 Tecky has been mowin ,blowin,plowin, rollin,sweepin, fertilizing,weedin and sweepin  since I bought her in 2000.  PO said he just had the Tecky "overhauled" and now it was hard starting.  I put on a new starter, cleaned all the elec. connections,   and have never touched it since.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

My '74 C-120 w/HH120 Tecky has been mowin ,blowin,plowin, rollin,sweepin, fertilizing,weedin and sweepin  since I bought her in 2000.  PO said he just had the Tecky "overhauled" and now it was hard starting.  I put on a new starter, cleaned all the elec. connections,   and have never touched it since.

Thanks ekeInnell would like to add to this I have a Toro 1990 / 521 snow blower with a teckey in it Had it since new I HAVE NEVER TOUCH THIS ENGINE NOTHING. That is worth a mention.  Here is a picture with 3` of snow.  CLICK ON IT TO MAKE LARGER.  th_Roxi1-11025.jpg

Edited by T1257

leeave96

I think Tecumseh made fine engines. It's a pity they went down the tubes. Their presence probably made Kohler make a better engine.