Sign in to follow this  
Bluffhunter

Does a C-161 have two transmission drain plugs ?

Bluffhunter

The transmission has a square headed pipe plug right beside the hitch receiver, and also a allen pipe plug about 6" from it towards the front of the transmission. It looks like the lower of the two as far as being able to drain the transmission.

Do I remove both ?

Thank you in advance for the advise !

Kyle

post-10144-0-67462000-1373284776_thumb.j

post-10144-0-00785300-1373284804_thumb.j

stevasaurus

The square plug on the base of the trans drains the transmission.  I am not sure what you have on the side of your trans with that other plug (not familiar with that horse), but that is a drain plug also...just do not know for what. :)

Bluffhunter

Thanks Steve !  I knew the manual said the drain plug was in the rear of the transmission, and with a allen head,so assumed the square one was correct, but has been changed over time to the square head, but the second one is an allen head at a lower location so I was curious and had hoped someone familiar with that transmission would chime in with information on the plug toward the front.

Thanks for the feedback !

stevasaurus

Send a PM to racinfool40...he is into those transmissions.  I just have never seen what you have attached to the side.  You're right, that plug is not spec :) , but it works better.  Sorekiwi may know also.

Edited by stevasaurus

racinfool40

That allen head is a drain also..it is on the actual pump drive part of the hydro trans..It is about in line with the filter/strainer that is located inside the trans...easier way to make sure the front half of the trans and pump and drive gear system are drained also.

Mike.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Thanks Mike...had a feeling it had "Hydro" written all over it...just was not sure. :)

Bluffhunter

Thanks Mike !!!

Sounds like a good way to make sure it's all drained out then.

I just didn't want to mess something up by taking it out.

I appreciate the input guys !!!

I will work it a little hard and pull the plugs this weekend, if not before.

Kyle

P.S. Sorry Steve it might have helped if I had posted that it was a Hydro. Newbie error, but I am trying to learn :)

• Like 1