Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

73 ranger 800

jusjeepn

Hey everybody, Long time listener, first time caller! Trying to resurect a Ranger 800 1973. Has no wiring harness. Everything else is there, just no harness. Anybody have a diagram or an extra harness? Thanks a million Pat

combatmp29r

Jusjeepin, B) . I have both a harness and a diagram. Which would you prefer? B) I can get you pics of the hook ups too if you need. :whistle:

jusjeepn

Hey!! All would be great!!! :whistle: I'm only 4 days and 2hrs from ya! How much? Trades? What do YOU need? B) Pat

Kelly

B) I know little to nothing about the vert.s so I'm no help there, But where are you? (I'm only 4 days and 2hrs from ya!) Joel is in IN. you can drive a long ways in 4 days.

combatmp29r

Yep alot of ground can be covered in that amount of time B) What all do you need? Just the wiring harness, or do you need key some of the other elec goodies too? You can PM or email me and I'll get you a price on what ever pieces you need. Franklin IN is where I'm located by the way 46131.

jusjeepn

I'm only 2hs north of Joel in Marion, In. but it will be 4 more days till I can make the trip south B)

jusjeepn

Joel, I have the fuse board for the alt on the block, ign switch, safety interlock switches (2). Thats it... I am adding head and tail lights.

combatmp29r

Oh no another funny guy B) Just kiddin let me know what you need. I'll go over the harness good and have it ready to install for ya. 4 days may be bad though Portland on Fri. :whistle:

jusjeepn

If your going, I can meet you there. I work in Muncie til 3:30 but will be there by 4:00

Teddy da Bear

I just recently aquired a 1974 A-800 Ranger. I would not imagine that the wiring harness would be too different?

I could also offer pictures.

and..... B) :whistle:

combatmp29r

Teddy actuallt they are completly different. Your A-800 is based off a V7 Chasis with a V8 center section with the running boards. So the harness is very close to the V7/V8 style except for the newer selenoid starting system. V7/V8s used the heavy relay style key switch. The Ranger 800 is a stamped frame Fiberglass bodied lawn tractor. They both have the same engine on them, but the rest of the assemblies are totally different.

Here's a Ranger 800 with another one of those screwy seats and a briggs instead of the Tucky B)

joelsverts011.jpg

Teddy da Bear

The 1973 was partly fiberglass???

Mine is all steel. Do I have something wrong?

jusjeepn

I know, I know... Stamped steel frame, fibreglass body. Its still a wheel horse. My 11 yr old son fits on this much better than my 69 Electro 12, or my 70 Electro 12, or my 72 Raider 8, or my 91 520H. So there still plenty of thorough breds in the stable. Any help, pics, parts would be helpful and much appreciated. Pat

Teddy da Bear

Not to steal your thunder..... But I need help with mine too.

Hope there is enough help for both of us....lol

Mine has no spark even though some components were replaced.

combatmp29r

Teddy, no you have nothing wrong. As I stated in the post above the A-800, and ranger 800 are two totally different tractors. No real interchangeable parts. They do use the same model of engine, but after a little research in the manuals last night they use a different spec number. Also so we don't get too far B) start another thread on your A800 issues so we can try to figure it out.

Pat, I sent you an email with a price for the harness. I'll copy the manual for it for free. If you want the harness, I'll clean up the connections and go over it good. Oh and there is nothing at all wrong with owning it. I have 3 of them. well 3 fiberglass rangers not all 800s. Nothing at all wrong with ownin a vert :whistle:

an I gotta stay off here more often. Seems like every time I take a few days off from the square anymore a bunch of vert questions pop up. B) I LIKE IT!!!!! :horseplay: :banana:

Teddy da Bear

I guess I can start another post on it.

But everything up to date is already on my latest post. B)

combatmp29r

Sorry Teddy hadn't got that far in my readin when I added the post here. I posted over there too.