Sign in to follow this  
porlife00

1976 C-120 Fender mounting question

porlife00

Hey guys I recently acquired a 76' C-120 8 speed wheel horse that is in need of some tlc. I plan on restoring her but have a question about the fender mount for this particular model/year. In 76' did wheel horse mount the fender pan directly to the  fender support or was there a hinge bracket so the fender could swing open like other models/years? 

The C-120 I got looks like its got some homemade bracketry so that the fender could flip up. Could I use a hinge from another model so I could access underneath and get rid of this contraption? 

post-6216-0-23655300-1373138106_thumb.jppost-6216-0-24898000-1373138168_thumb.jppost-6216-0-13308300-1373138191_thumb.jp

squonk

My 76 C-160 has a flip up fender that I'm told it's not supposed to have. I could get you pics.

IMG_0157_zps2b9beb47.jpg

IMG_0158_zps5afac095.jpg

Edited by squonk

varosd

Polife00:

looks like there is a piano hinge connecting the lip of the fender, then a chain to hold it up.  looks home made.  My 77 B-80 has a bolted down fender.

OK  what is that pink/red hose/cable for?    Is that a seat switch?  

looks like you got the rear hitch attaching bracket as a bonus!!

Edited by varosd

daveoman1966

The C-120 and C-160 of 1976 and 1977 8-speed tractors had flip-up seats mounted to a fender pan and the fender pan was mounted to a bracket bolted to the top of the trans. In these 2 model years, the fuel tank is still under the hood....after these 2 model years, the fuel tank was relocated to under the seat.  When that was done, the seat-pan bracket was modified to accommodate fitment of the under-seat fuel tank.  Accordingly, the rear lift 'rocker arm' or 'bell crank' (or whatever) is a couple inches wider than later years and will fit only those 2 model years.

The 8-speed trans does not have a tool box like the automatic does.

Seat pan and such for 1976 & 77 C-120  C-160:

I have the above mentioned brackets and fender pan for the C-120 and C-160 setups. 

Located in n/w PA at zip 16433.  My ph is 814-763-5700

For more pics, direct email is:

daveoman@windstream.net

The 3rd pic here is for 300 400 and 500 series as well as model years 1978 forward of C series

Edited by daveoman1966

porlife00

thanks for the quick replies guys and pictures! Yes mine is an 8 speed so no tool box.  Will a flip up hinge from a 74' B-80 4 speed mount up or is it some type of different hinge... pictures would be greatly appreciated.

That pink hose is its old modified fuel line. The original from under the hood is MIA so whoever had it before me mounted a tank on the back of the seat. And the snow plow hinge was an added bonus too!