Sign in to follow this  
Wheel-N-It

Good Friend's First Vintage LAGT

Wheel-N-It

My life long friend Mark FINALLY got a small bite from the vintage LAGT bug.

Yesterday we made the 2&1/2 hour round trip to pick up this one owner Cub Cadet 106. A couple of hours after we rolled it in the shop, we had it running. It needs a good tuning, and a clutch return spring but overall its in fine shape for it's age. Here are some pics of Mark and the Cub Cadet. It will not be seeing any mowing duty, just tractor work.

post-5982-0-58909400-1372680546_thumb.jp

post-5982-0-91695400-1372680567_thumb.jp

post-5982-0-00493700-1372680599_thumb.jp

post-5982-0-34837000-1372680618_thumb.jp

• Like 1

neil

Nice tractor

is it going to be restored ?

Sparky

Looks like a sturdy machine. Will this get "fixed up" and used to fund a future Wheel Horse maybe? 

Mike.......

JC 1965

Looks like it will make a good worker. Does it have a Kohler engine ?    :dunno: I don't know much about Cub Cadet.

Wheel-N-It

Knowing Mark the way I do, I'm quite sure this old Cub Cadet will be in first class shape before he is satisfied with it. So yes, it will be restored. It will not be a show tractor, but definetly a top notch working tractor.

Looks like it will make a good worker. Does it have a Kohler engine ?    :dunno: I don't know much about Cub Cadet.

Yes,, a Kohler 10hp K engine

Wheel-N-It

Looks like a sturdy machine. Will this get "fixed up" and used to fund a future Wheel Horse maybe? 

Mike.......

LOL LOL, no definetly not. Because I am a Wheel Horse guy, Mark will go the other direction. Its good friendly competition for us.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Too bad, so sad...offer Mark my condolences, will you Van?    :ychain: 

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

Too bad, so sad...offer Mark my condolences, will you Van?    :ychain: 

I sure will Craig!!! I'm just happy he got an International, and not a John Deere :angry-nono:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

No :wh: red on either, so what's the difference?   :) 

• Like 2

Save Old Iron

Rebuild the Ross steering and the clutch unit and you will be in for a pleasant surprise. If you need any help with the starter gen or regulator, let me know.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

No :wh: red on either, so what's the difference?   :) 

Good eye Craig! you noticed! I should have known :)

Rebuild the Ross steering and the clutch unit and you will be in for a pleasant surprise. If you need any help with the starter gen or regulator, let me know.

Bless you SOI, I think we're going to need some help that system. I'll let you know. :)

leeave96

Van,

I've got a 126 - nice machine. Also have a 109 with a well worn 10hp engine. That engine, as tired as it is, pulls the mower great - even in the tall grass. The 10 hp in the gear drive 106 should do even better.

Good luck,

Bill

• Like 1

Ken B

Nice machine. So, when its all fixed up and ready to go are we gonna see a little friendly pull off between a Cub and a Wheel Horse? :)

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Nice machine. So, when its all fixed up and ready to go are we gonna see a little friendly pull off between a Cub and a Wheel Horse? :)

LOL, I kinda doubt it Ken. Mark has already bought some paint for it, and is going to TSC this morning to buy a new seat. He's been polishing the chrome spokes on the steering wheel and lift/pto engagement levers. I can see the writing on the wall already............................................;)

Zeek

I'm pretty loyal to red, but I like those old cubs :handgestures-thumbup:   World of difference between those models and the garbage they put out today . . .

• Like 2

hm12460

Good old tractor. Them old Cub's are a tough old beast.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

I'm pretty loyal to red, but I like those old cubs :handgestures-thumbup:   World of difference between those models and the garbage they put out today . . .

I know what you mean Zeek. I have a Cub Cadet 1650. That thing is tough as nails. Like you though, I am loyal to the Red :thumbs:

varosd

Van,

I think if you add a little of your peach spirits, all things are possible!!!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Alrighty, the Cub moves under its own power! It does need a clutch spring replacement but on level ground it will go go :woohoo:

Here is Mark showing how its done:

post-5982-0-32810100-1373062292_thumb.jp

squonk

Mike.......

LOL LOL, no definetly not. Because I am a Wheel Horse guy, Mark will go the other direction. Its good friendly competition for us.

Too bad it doesn't have a Tecky in it! Right Craig! :)  :teasing-poke::violence-duel::violence-fencing:

• Like 2

squonk

Nothing wrong with Internationals. It's the club members that are a PITA! :angry-nono::ranting::angry-cussingwhite::violence-impact:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Mike.......

Too bad it doesn't have a Tecky in it! Right Craig! :)  :teasing-poke::violence-duel::violence-fencing:

At least you don't need latex gloves to operate it....I'm just sayin'    :ROTF:

Edited by Doc Giddy-Up
  • Like 1