Sign in to follow this  
Lagersolut

Edge Trim

Lagersolut

I'm going to ask this before I spend 8 bucks on shipping for 1 ft of 1.50 trim .

I need the edge trim that went on the hood stand where the hood latched it , was wondering where anyone else has purchased this stuff as the item is discontinued , there's a guy on E-bay selling what looks top be close at 1.50 /ft  for 8 bucks shipping ( I only need about 6-8  inches of the stuff )  .  I hate spending that much on shipping for such a small item .

# 27 on the parts list

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=91-10K802%2C+C-101+8-Speed+Tractor%2C+1979&dn=810118R1-18R10032-00015

daveoman1966

Ihave 20 or so dashes and surely they have those trim strips.  I'll put them in the mail and when you get them, put $5 bux in an envelope and sent that to me. 

Dave.

What is your mailing address:

Sparky

Now thats great service!

Mike.....

gwest_ca

If you know someone that has a portable sawmill and uses Lennox blades each blade comes with about 13 feet of plastic protector on the sharp teeth that works perfectly.

Garry

DoctorHfuhruhurr

On my more worn tractors I've used some cut gas line or vacuum line to replace that piece.  

papaglide

Where exactly does the trim fit? Would it have gone on my B 80?

Edited by papaglide

Lagersolut

The trim fits  on top  of the dash where the hood meets it and latches , it actually served two purposes, keeps the hood from rubbing the paint off the edge and keeps the hood snug so it doesn't rattle .

Mine has been missing for years but now that it's being restored , don't want the new paint rubbed off or rattles ....had two rubber grommets on the bottom that fit into the bottom hood hinge too ....those are still made,  relatively cheap and in my new parts box . 

Doc I checked that trim loc site , all I found was bulk rolls .....I took Dave-o up on his offer  ..... used ones for $5

KC9KAS

Some foam with single side sticky would work, or try an automotive trim shop....Body shop (auto body, not human :woohoo: body shop!)

wallfish

Your local auto parts store should carry "door edge guard" molding. It has glue inside to stick on and stay put

Lane Ranger

I use old trim that was on the vinyl seats of the wheel horses.  the trim that went around the vinyl and steel backed frames ,  I have saved the old stuff when a seat wears out to use for the hood/dash closing trim.   It works just like the original stuff.

• Like 4

wallfish

I use old trim that was on the vinyl seats of the wheel horses.  the trim that went around the vinyl and steel backed frames ,  I have saved the old stuff when a seat wears out to use for the hood/dash closing trim.   It works just like the original stuff.

That's a good idea and that stuff is tough as nails

tunahead72

On my more worn tractors I've used some cut gas line or vacuum line to replace that piece.  

Likewise, I have a length of 3/16" (I believe) fuel line on my 310-8, works perfectly, no need to glue, hasn't moved at all in the 3 or 4 years I've had it on there.