Sign in to follow this  
PBB

Hydraulic hookup

PBB

I recently bought a 1968 Charger 12.  it came with a spare tranny with the hydraulic hookup.  I am trying to install it on my tractor but am having trouble figuring out where the cylinder hooks up and how the hoses are routed.  Can someone point me to a manual/diagram?  Any help appreciated

daveoman1966

You MAY have to retrieve some of the special-purpose pressure valves from the donor hydrogear...not sure.  If your tractor did not origianlly have the hyd lift, you will need these valves.  In this schematic, they are #s between 79 and 85, but not sure exactly which ones.   Go here for the schematic of a 1970 charger 12 and enter model #1-7253.

(just click this link).  It will show '5062 trans' 

http://milacalawn.com/pages/oemparts?aribrand=TO#/Toro_Consumer/1-7253%2c_Charger_12_Tractor%2c_1970/5062_TRANSMISSION/1-7253-622-1970/A-5201-1%7c%7e725103-0001

This is the only reference I can find on the Charger series.  Others may be able to help more.  I have a Bronco 14 with the exact same hyd setup and can get pics for you in the am. 

PBB

Thanks Dave L, I did not know about the valves.  The schematic/info was looking for was actually how the cylinder mounts to the tractor.  I figured out changing out the actuator piece but does the cylinder go to the front or back, and what does the other end hook to.  I was told all the parts are here to complete the switch.