Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

GT14 brake pedal spring

meadowfield

Ever since I got my GT14, it did feel hard to operate the motion control linkage...  I had cleaned and greased as well as adjusted the tension on the motion lever but I could see I was pushing the lever against the action of the neutral cam.

Now having had a drive around on Ians (stigian) GT14 I note that his brake pedal always returns to upright. So I had a look in the parts manual and I can see there is a spring that attaches to the neutral cam. Now I haven't had a peek inside mine to see if it's missing, but I've a hunch it is :)

So without having to guess, can anyone help me with the length and approx gauge of spring?  pt no. looks like 1230

cheers

mark

gwest_ca

The # 1230 should be a very popular spring and you may already have one. It is also used on the pto clutch rod of the 1977 C-120 model 71-12K801 and likely many more.

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

You can also enter a model name here now like C-120 and they will all come up.

Garry

gwest_ca

Believe I found a 1230 spring on my C-120

Wire .040" or 1mm

Distance between hooks 1.750" or 44mm

Coil OD .350" or 9mm

Coil length 1.024" or 26mm

24 coils @ 1.024" = .042667" wire diameter with corrosion and dirt so it's close.

Garry

meadowfield

that's fab Garry,

will see what I can find :D

thanks

mark

wheeledhorseman

Hope the brake pedal return spring is easier to fit on a GT-14 than it is on a C120 Auto. When I was restoring the 120 I discovered that the spring was so corroded it had broken so found a spring that would do and put it to one side. When I was reassembling the tractor I forgot to put it in - big mistake as once the tractor is reassemebled and all the linkages are in place on a C-120 it's all but impossible to hook one of the ends on where it had to go. A gynaecologist might have manged it but I gave up in the end and found a shorter spring that I managed to hook onto something else.

Andy