Sign in to follow this  
bustedglass

Model # - ?

bustedglass

Hi Guys,

Well my little B211 that I swapped out the 11 hp. Briggs motor for the "NEW" 12.5 hp. Briggs for, just gave it up B) , again B):whistle:B) .

Looks like the crank, and rod are "toast". Anyway, I found a 15.5 hp. Briggs motor for it, and we will try it again.

But, along with the 15.5 Briggs, I got a 1985 414-8 "Project". It is really rough, and to say it is a project is an under statement. But my good neighbor that has doneall of the mechanical work on my little B211, said that if I wanted it, he would provide the mechanics.

Now never having a "REAL" tractor, I am going to need a lot of help from you guys. First off, I cant find any model plates anywhere on the tractor. All it says on the decal is 414-8. Can anyone tell me what the model # for this tractor would be, so I can get owner / parts manuals.

The mower deck is a 48" side discharge, Model 05-48MS05. I will get manuals based on this number.

I am gonna try to find the thread on how to remove / replace the deck.

Thanks for all of the help now, and in the future B) .

TT

Sorry to hear about the little one, Mike -- but glad to hear you found a big tractor too! :banana:

The model number sticker should be on the rear fender - either at the front center, or under the left edge of the seat.

The Toro site lists the 414-8 as being built four years: 1986 to 1989.

Models numbers are 31-14K801, 31-14K802, 31-14K803, & 31-14K804 B)

nylyon

The 414-8 is a good solid tractor, put up some pictures when you can!

And this is the link for removing the deck

bustedglass

Well so much for this being a 1985, like the guy told me. I hope I can find a model plate. Thanks TT, I will look for those numbers. I guess this is just something I will have to put up with for the price. Got the 15.5 Briggs motor (it is on a Crapsman tractor, and runs, good. We drove it on the trailer), and the 414-8 with 48" deck for $200.00 :banghead: . Did I do OK ???

Tractor has the Kohler Magnum motor on it. Maybe that will "tell" the year. It is not locked up, owner said it just stopped running. All of the wires have been cut :banghead: . There is a "Wire Block" B) on the back of the dash panel that has a LOT of little wires coming from it that has had ALL of the wires cut from it. Owner says that maybe his kid cut the wires, he don't know B):whistle: . Where do I find a wireing diagram for this tractor?

I will get some pics as soon as I can. Like I said, this is going to be a "PROJECT". Right now, there are weeds growing out of the seat :banghead:B)B) . I will keep you posted of my progress.

Buzz

Well the Magnum engine rules out the 1986 which had a K321S. The 1987 engine was a M14S-601524 and the 1988 and 1989 models had M14S-601540 engines. Now the mower deck 05-48MS05 was used in 1986 and 1987. So....in theory your tractor should be a 1987, model # 31-14K802 with a M14S-601524 engine. B)

Here's the link to order a manual from Toro:

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

While you're on that site, if you enter model # 31-14K803 you can download the 543 page "electrical Demystification Guide" whick should have the wiring diagram you need. Have fun.

Electro12WH

What all tractors are included in that ' electro mystical guide'?

bustedglass

Hi Guys,

I was able to find the model plate under the seat right where TT said it would be - Thanks TT. It is a 31-14K803, which according to TT is a 1988 Model.

Thanks Buzz for that motor info, and deck info. I guess I wrote down the wrong number for the deck. I will have to look at the deck plate a little closer, or maybe the guy got an "old" deck when he got the tractor ???

I took some pictures with my phone B) , let me see if I can bring them up here.

Well, tried three times, keep getting an error "you cant upload this type of file" :whistle: . I guess I am going to have to get a digital camera B) .

T-Mo

Mike,

I'm by no means an expert, but you should be able to get your pictures off your camera and loaded. But, digital cameras have come down in price a little and all you really need is at least 2 mp (mega pixels). Also one with an optical zoom are better, but one with just the digital zoom is okay. I have a Kodak that's about 3 years old, it's 3.1 mp with a 3x optical zoom and 3x digital zoom and it takes excellent pictures. And it was fairly inexpensive. Look around at Wally world and other places, you should be able to get a decent camera at a decent price. Cameras with 5 mp and over are not too expensive now a days.

Now, for your tractor needs, it sounds like you have narrowed the year down. It could be that the deck is an older deck as Wheel Horse is so versatile that there are numerous decks that will fit. Good luck. B)

bustedglass

I went to the Toro link, for the Manuals. What I got was a note that said "No Manuals found for this Model" B) . What do I do now ? Is there antwher else I can get manuals ?

kpinnc

Mike,

You can still get the manuals, they just don't have them available for your particular tractor for free download. You'll have to purchase them, and they'll come as "best copy available" reprints.

Just go HERE, and select "home owner parts" at the bottom left of the page. Then plug in 31-14K803, and it will show you where to purchase them. I think they're about $4 each, or at least they used to be.

Probably be a good idea to get both parts and owner's manuals. The mechanical tranny manual is good to have as well, and it is available for download on the same page.

Good luck!

Kevin

bustedglass

Same Model # on the 1988 mower deck as the older ones.

bustedglass

The manuals are on the way. Thanks Tim...........

Rod(NASNUT)

Well, tried three times, keep getting an error "you cant upload this type of file" :banghead: . I guess I am going to have to get a digital camera B) .

That happens to me all the time I have done everything the way they tell me but I still get you cant upload this type of file B):whistle:B):banghead::banghead:B) :banghead: