Sign in to follow this  
pacer

Anybody recognize this tractor?

pacer

Anybody recognize this tractor?? Its for sale near me - info on it is brief (as seems to be in these ads) - but with full hyds, 3 point hitch (and maybe PTO?), deck, and looks clean, just might be interesting.

Compact garden tractor, 16hp briggs engine, hydrostat tranny, hydro 3 point hitch and deck lift, 50 inch cut.

3G13Fd3Nf5Ie5G95J8d5v51932dfd9a7b17c4.jp

3L83M93F85N95E65F8d5v6a73331157571631.jp

Jake Kuhn

Not a wheel horse...Looks more like a mtd.

Sparky

Probably an MTD product made for some brand name like Agway or Western Auto.

If its cheap enough I wouldn't be afraid to take a look at it, but don't expect it to work or put up with the abuse a Wheel Horse can.

Mike...............

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I'd probably buy it if the price was right.  The old MTD's were decent.  Front attachments may be a challenge to find but if it's got a 3 point it has to be built to pull it.  You may want to ask around a few of the mytractorforum  forums also. 

pacer

Asking $500 which is too much, but is close enough to maybe think about bargaining on it - the ad has been running for a month so might be ready to negotiate.

I have a 22yr old MTD hydro drive and have had excellent service from it, using it to not only mow but also to run one of those trailer mounted leaf vacuums which really seems harder than mowing... (My MTD dont look nuthin like that!!)

But my sho-nuf work "HORSE" in a '75 D-180!

Ken B

Its an MTD Ranch King. At least that is my educated guess.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I asked in mytractorforum.com and someone said an MTD 995.  From the pics I've seen it looks to be accurate.  They can hold their own against similar tractors of that era.