Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

The Eagle has Landed (Finally)

T-Mo

There are some here knows about the 753 that was waiting for me in Arkansas. Well, today it's finally home. I got an email from the guy who had it and he was headed to Springfield, Missouri and wanted to know if I could meet him there. I said YES. And without further ado, here are the pictures. First two it's on the truck in Springfield:

100_0552.jpg

100_0553.jpg

Next two it's finally at home resting. I had to take the right front tire off the rim as it was catching under the deck and keeping the wheel from turning:

100_0554.jpg

100_0555.jpg

Now for some bad news. Both front tires are shot, but I picked up one front tire with the tractor. Now for the worst part, when we were moving it from one truck to the other, the steering broke. It seems to be under the front end. The tie rods are still connected and the steering gear turns the horizontal bar from it to the front end, but no steering. Hmm, I think I might need some help on how that area works. Any ideas?

Brrly1

Hello Treed It sounds like a broken roll pin to me but I am sure TT is lurking with the correct answer. Just my hopefully correct guess. Nice tractor, Good Luck I will be watching for more pictures as restoration progresses. Burly :horseplay:

Kelly

Yes, look for a broken roll pin, the early tractors had pins holding all the gear to the shafts, later they welded them.

DMESS

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME T-MO! Glad you finally bagged this one! Looks pretty nice and seems to be all there. Should be able to score some OEM style rubber for the front on ebay or maybe a fellow member would have some lying around.

Teddy da Bear

Nice straight looking tractor.

Congradulations!

WheelHorse_of_course

Very nice B):whistle:

Other than the tires it looks in great shape B)

bowtieguy

Hey T-MO...not a bad lookin Horse....good to see another stud in the Missouri herd...did you check and see if he had any more relatives in Arkansas?..we might have to have a "meet and greet" if u keep finding faded red stuff like this?

B)

Rollerman

Terry it looks great...now you can cruise around the yard old school style on a Horse...LOL

Glad it's finally home. B)

TT

YAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :horseplay:

Glad to see it FINALLY made it home, T-MO. B)

At least the road trip was well contained! :whistle:

CasualObserver

YAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :horseplay:

Glad to see it FINALLY made it home, T-MO. B)

At least the road trip was well contained! B)

Ditto!

Really glad you were able to complete that deal T-MO... That ending was a long time coming! :whistle:

T-Mo

Thanks, guys, for all the comments. Yeah it was a loooong time coming. I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen. Every time I had plans to go get it, something always came up. But this time, Jeff emailed me and asked if I could meet him, I wasn't going to let that opportunity slipped away.

I'm sure you guys are right on the roll pin as it seem to break just like that. I hope to get a chance tomorrow to mess with it and check the roll pin and maybe get it started.

perry

nice lookin tractor B) . this is your first round hood right ???

ol550

B) Good to see more faded red making it to MO. :whistle: Now on the serious side where exactly is it and what time are you headed into town to pick up that roll pin? B) B)

T-Mo

ol550,

Are you in Missouri also? If so, where at?

ol550

Terry

Live in Columbia. Got a few Horses scattered around and a few I plan to take to the LeSueur Show this weekend. Never have done this, so thought I better be a little way from home for the first showing. B) If it works out I also plan to try the Steam Engine show close to Boonville. :whistle: Any advice? B)

Mike in MO

T-Mo

Mike,

I never been to the Booneville show so I'm afraid I can offer no advice. Me and Frank were tossing out ideas about a Missouri meet and greet, but I'm not sure Frank would be up to it now as he just had bypass surgery recently. But, maybe we can come up with something with the few Wheel Horse guys here? B)

bowtieguy

Hey Mike and T-Mo...I'm not up to 100% yet but am still interested in a meet and greet.....I'm game for a trip to Columbia...nice 2 hr drive on cruze control...

Lets see, we have Larry in Warsaw, Larry in Columbia, Mike in Columbia, T-Mo south of St L, ....and a couple other "sleepers"..

That show in Boonville would be a good place to start???? B)

T-Mo

Frank, as far as I'm concerned I can wait until your 100%. Don't rush your recovery - we can wait. B)

ol550

MO Horse's, :whistle:

The show by Boonville is the 4th-7th of September. That is real close B)

Chech the site www.MRVSEA.com. Have never met Larry in Columbia. B)

I think Warsaw Larry was at the show last year, maybe we can get his take on it. B)

Maybe should start a new thread and get more attention.

B)