Sign in to follow this  
Stepney

Bolens 650

Stepney

Hello all, I guess I'm now a traitor... I found a 1966 Bolens 650, with a plow and tiller. Well, after finding the coil dead, and it had replaced at one time a points set with solid state. Well, now I look at the engine, and find a small screw with a pin and spring on it, and the fact there's no governor to be seen!? There's a steel box on the side of the motor, with a spring, but there's no Governor to be seen... Well, after talking with a half UN-understandable friend of mine, he went blubbering off on a story on how this was some oddball engine, whereas someone modified them, with the screw being for changing valve gear timing, and a vacuum governing system!? the engine is a model 146401 Type 0147 spec 01 6511021. I've never heard of this wild one before, but before I blow it sky high, I wondered if anyone ever heard of this strange setup before. I'll post pictures later.

By the way, some of you may know the madman, AKA "WheelHorseA81Smoke"

Worse yet, the tractors painted John Deere colors!!!

Stepney

Well, I guess it was all a joke, so sorry for the mis-following. It appears to be a 1966 Briggs 6 hp, with an air vane governor system. The man said it ran a few years ago, till it lost spark that is. What I wonder is, HOW did he run it!? I still cant figure what that side-screw is. I'll get some photos today. I'm going to try to rig a 1930's air vane off a washer engine to it.

Spenser.