Sign in to follow this  
rustyoldjunk

you gotta love these old tractors

rustyoldjunk

i guess i just get a kick from taking machinery that has been left for dead by everyone else and making it run again and these little tractors are some of the best pieces of equitment to work with.they are cast iron and steel,very simple machines.not much to go wrong from sitting for years that a little simple tlc wont cure.anyway,i posted a few days ago about the 1257 i drug out of the weeds and sapplings.it hadnt ran in probably ten years,just sat out in the weather.i got the wheel weights off of it,put some roller wheels/tires on it found a starter/generator belt in the shop,then cleaned the points,took the carb off and cleaned it up and done a little wiring straightening up and guess what? B) it fired right up.after alittle clean out smoke it runs just fine so i took it on a test drive. :whistle: it runs and drives great.i just happened to have a couple of push/pull cables in the shop and threw them in. it does need an ignition switch and a fuel pump but hey thats little stuff,im tickled B) .......now to find a good sandblaster.oh about pictures,hopefully soon.im still looking to replace the camera that i broke B)