Sign in to follow this  
catman81056

Pushing snow

catman81056

First snow of the season, the neighbors love me.

Attached Image

post-3-1196887231.jpg

Rollerman

Man I love it...a D160 one lunger.

That settles it...I need to find a plow frame for mine soon.

I'm just itchin to play now!

We had 4/5" here in my area...pretty fluffy though.

So "catman" how did your D160 perform?

I had the C125 auto out pushing this afternoon for the 1st time.

Made my trip around the block cleaning walks & drives.

I like it...those Eaton hydros are strong.

Stephen in northern IN

refracman

looks like your haven to much fun there, we only got bout 2" and half that melted

and luckly i still havent decided which one to give the plowin duties to

Steve

ps. i have a extra plow for a D ifin your interested, that C plow be lookin a little small

catman81056

I had plenty of power, that motor only has about 5-6 hrs on a complete rebuild. The guy who did it is a lifelong friend who has years and years of engine building experience mostly high performance. He did alot of polishing to the intake and exhaust areas. I never drove the tractor before the rebuild but it sure has power now.

The plow is a Bolens that someone adapted to this tractor. I had to make some modifications to the blade shift plate because when it was in the outer most angle it hit the front tires. Didn't take long to fix that, just widen the notches and add new stops.

I got tired of have to get off the tractor everytime I shifted the blade so I rigged up a brkt of the front of the engine and ran an 1/8" cable from the release lever to the PTO lever. Just hose clamped it to the lever. Just pull it and backup or go forward to shift the blade.

I put chains on first thing, turf tires would surly have slipped. I figured that my 300 lb butt would be sufficent for weight, and it was.

I've looked for wheel weights but they seem to sell like gold. I worked at a place 6yrs ago the made alot of Ag equipment. They used alot of heavy material and cut alot of large holes. I bought scrap for .01ct a lb. Some of these circles were 115/8 Dia. on down. I have 11 5/8", 10", and 7". The 11" are 15lbs apiece and the 10" are 11lbs apiece. If I make 2 stacks with equile ammounts the weigh 108lbs each.

I thought of maybe going to 50 or 75 lbs per wheel for when my grandson plows with it.

And he is wanting to plow!!! He called me after school and was alittle dissapointed the I already did their drive. LOL I told him the next snow is all his.

Rollerman

Wow your grandson sounds like my stepson.

He almost had a day off school cause of the snow.....secretly I was hopeing that he'd have to go...on account of I didn't want to share the plowing duties :D

Stephen in northern IN

perry

.....secretly I was hopeing that he'd have to go...on account of I didn't want to share the plowing duties :D

Stephen in northern IN

hey i like that ol'D.

stephan, you can secretly sneak up here and get some play time :P .

i have plowed 2 days this week and have 6 hours seat time in. they are calling for more snow on friday. people call me nuts and wonder why i dont have a bigger tractor or a plow truck for my driveway. maybe someday. untill then ill just keep freezing my butt off and having fun. one of these days i would like to have a nice snow cab with heat , wipers, and a radio :( . if we get a big snow i could be out there all day. or sometimes i break it into 2 days. the'ol back aint what it use to be.

it does'nt help that im picky and like to have my driveway plowed perfect.

nylyon

Great to see the big horses working. The D is probably heavy enough that it gets good traction with just the chains. If it has a 3-pt hitch, you could probably add something there to add some weight instead of wheel weights but if it's pushing it fine it would probably be unnecessary.

All our snow is gone now just hoping for more to play in.

kj4kicks

We had about 3-4" here, even though it snowed ALL day. Finally got home from work about 9:30 last night to take care of it. Of course, the old 1077 has the plow on it, and it's the only one WITHOUT headlights !

Eldon.... just lucky that way!

Rollerman

Perry..never know I may just show up some time this winter with one of mine & we can spar off on the plowin.

Sure wish I could jump at that nice 1067...but the wife is in her last minute present buying mood...it's dipping into the tractor funds now :D

I have come across a few differant plows for my D series & look forward to playing with it in the snow.

I'll have to get a set of 26" chains though.

The D's atleast have the same rim size as the smaller tractors so I have a good stock of Wheel weights when I'm ready.

Stephen in northern IN