Sign in to follow this  
sparky6398

Trans Filter Number..

sparky6398

I need to change the Hydro filter on my 1973 Auto14. Does anyone know what a current filter number would be for me to use at my NAPA. I want to make sure I get a Hydraulic fluid filter and not an oil filter. Thanks

Hodge71

I believe the Napa filter is 1410. I cant be positive though. I only use OEM filters on my machines. The cost difference means very little in my book. There are others that use Napa stuff on here and I'm sure someon emore knowledgable than myself will be along in a bit to help out. I love the 73 no name years I just missed out on a 14 auto last month. Dying to find a 16 and a 14 as I have a 12 auto and 18 auto already.

• Like 1

sparky6398

Thanks Jeff, I would like to get a Auto16 myself. Although I with the 73 models had the Hydro lever on the dash tower like the Broncos have.

squonk

Napa 1410 is the way to go . It's a trans/ hydraulic filter . Made by Wix. Cheaper than Toro. I cut open the last Toro filter I took off and they are made pretty cheap compared to Wix.

• Like 1

sparky6398

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it !!

Fordiesel69

OEM filters mean nothing!!!!!!!!!  They are always cheap and have cost cutting internals. 

AC delco make some of the worst OEM filters in existence.  Cut one open sometime.

Lars

i use this one on my auto 12 now and it seems to do a great work to

20130606_130109_zpse8d6b4d4.jpg

Edited by Knusern

Hodge71

OEM filters mean nothing!!!!!!!!!  They are always cheap and have cost cutting internals. 

I have a tough time swallowing that Wheel Horse filters are junk. My Dads 1973 12 auto has close to 5000 hours on it. He's been using OEM filters on it from day 1 and it hasnt had a rebuild. If the factory tranny filter was junk it never would have lasted this long without an issue.....