Sign in to follow this  
bell

Well, I bought another one...

bell

A friend of mine told me about an old wheel horse he had... I went out and looked at it and decided that I HAD to have it...

He told me that it had a "hammering" noise in the engine... $50 an we were loading it on the trailer. He said his mom bought it new... He couldn't remember the year though...

I got it home, charged the battery and sprayed a little carb cleaner in the carb... It fired RIGHT up and had a slight ticking sound... I throttled it up a bit and it just quit running... BUT, the flywheel kept spinning.... DOH! The rod just broke... Oh well, it was not violent AT ALL, so I'm sure the block is fine. HOPEFULLY, the crankshaft is salvagable...

Anybody parting out a 10HP (K241S) Kohler? B)

Pics to follow...

traktorkidd7/30/93

:whistle: B)

and $50... you cant beat that B)

bell

wildhorses_001.jpg

wildhorses_002.jpg

wildhorses_003.jpg

wildhorses_004.jpg

wildhorses_005.jpg

bell

Can anybody help me figure out what year this thing is?

Here are the Model and serial #'s

Model- T 0511 (I think the first digit is a T... but I really cannot tell)

Serial- 72363

TT

It's a 1975. (1-0511)

Too bad it decided to break. :whistle:

Looks like the starter isn't that old, so you got your money's worth right there. B)

bell

It's a 1975. (1-0511)

Too bad it decided to break. B)

Looks like the starter isn't that old, so you got your money's worth right there. B)

Cool... Thank you very much! I kinda wondered if that was a 1... :whistle:

Yeah, I wish it wouln't have broke, but.... I probably wouldn't have it if it hadn't started knocking... They'd still be mowing with it.. lol

rustbucket

web site i found i thought i'd share with ya all prolly have seen it but just thought i'd share. this guy also rebuilds and sells all sorts of parts. he may have what ya need. if not he is a full on machine shop so he could in theory make what you need.

http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/a1miller.htm

bell

web site i found i thought i'd share with ya all prolly have seen it but just thought i'd share. this guy also rebuilds and sells all sorts of parts. he may have what ya need. if not he is a full on machine shop so he could in theory make what you need.

Well, That is FANTASTIC! THANK YOU!

Looks like I'll be putting it in the garage tomorrow... Going to pull the engine and tear it down to see what the damage is.

I'll update as I go... B)

Kelly

That must be the going price for them, B-100 autos, I bought one a year or so ago, looks about like yours with a nice 36"RD deck and a broken rod I only paid $50 for mine. Good luck with your rebuild, or replace.

linen beige

That's Brian Miller's site. It's in the links section. B)

I've not yet dealt with him, but I gather he really knows his stuff.

T-Mo

Jon,

You did good. That's not a bad looking tractor. And like TT said you got your money's worth, and then some. The K-series Kohlers are easy to rebuild, so I say rebuild the one in it and it will be good to go for another 30 plus years. B)