Sign in to follow this  
wheeledhorseman

Scored some more attachments

wheeledhorseman

Wife says I have 'too many WHs' (an oxymoron if ever there was one) but a change of tack was prudent.

Until recently genuine WH attachments / implements for my stable consisted only of decks and a couple of snow / dozer blades. Back in April I started acquiring some more - not an easy task here in the UK as they're not plentiful so the prices go high.

I'm trying to stick to things that we can actually use so back in April a 10 cu. ft. dump cart joined the collection. Not in the best of conditions but it will restore ok. The original wheels were rusted through hence the non-factory substitutes for now.

post-4509-0-34394700-1370124274_thumb.jp

A couple of weeks back a Lawn Roller was added. Pretty good condition for its age just the end dust caps( I guess you'd call them) between the roller and frame need attention or replacing somehow for appearance sake but fully functional none the less.

post-4509-0-61134700-1370124585_thumb.jp

PO had used water for weighting hence the bung is out at present letting it slowly dry out inside as I prefer to use sand but it will need to be bone dry inside first.

This week I scored a neat little haul so I think that this will be it for a while or I'll be accused of having 'too many attachments' (another oxymoron to my mind).

post-4509-0-01138500-1370124861_thumb.jp

These three are all from the same 'barn find' (not made by me sadly) but the vendor only wanted to keep the Commando tractor that I guess was purchased new along with these back in the 60s. The barn had apparently partially collapsed leading to some water damage over the years the stuff had lain undiscovered. 

post-4509-0-31682200-1370125540_thumb.jp

The little dump cart was worst affected where it had stood tipped up with the rear end in water for many years. It's scap value only to most I guess but to me it was worth what I paid for it on the basis that the wheels were good and I need a pair for the bigger cart. Discovered on collection that they had been fitted with new tires not long before the stuff was left to rot in the barn and are in A1 condition - bonus!

Having got it, it now seems a shame to scrap it but it's not really worth the time and effort to repair in steel but I 'm thinking maybe of using fibre glass matting to cover the inside but I'd have to make a wooden former to get it to duplicate the orignal rim profile where it's missing. These little dump carts do come up from time to time in good condition here in the UK and I wasn't originally looking for one but maybe it's a shame to waste this one as it could be made useful again if not totally original. Opinions welcomed.

The Grader Blade is in very good condition but as appears often the case with these the pivot pin has seized so it's soaking in penetrating fluid at present though gut feeling is that it's going to need heating up to achieve any movement. So today's work focused on the Aerator which, altough water had obviously stood in the weight tray, was in otherwise pretty much operational condition and all the spike wheels turned.

post-4509-0-01041800-1370127125_thumb.jp

Like the cart, this had obviously been fitted with new wheels which saw little use before being abandoned. Oddly at some point the adjuster plates that the wheels are mounted on had been switched round so that there were effectively three different transportation heights and just one spiking setting. Anyway, sorted that, cleaned up and oiled the spike wheels, straightening  a few spikes here and there, managed to free up the draw bar which had seized at the unusable tilt it had been left in, greased the wheels and....

post-4509-0-61771600-1370127788_thumb.jp

by the end of the day with the shadows getting longer, aerated some grass and discovered that these are actually really good at doing the job.

I still need a few more to complete the set but I thought I'd share my 'pictoral shopping list' with you as it's an Amnor (Begium) publication. Sorry about the fuzzy pics but its a scan of a photocopy given to me by 'Landsurveyor', the member I bought the roller from. Cheers Simon.

(Click on it for full size)

post-4509-0-23111400-1370128733_thumb.jp

Andy

• Like 4

953 nut

Great finds, you will love that mid mount grader blade. Now you can tell the wife you need another :wh: to mount it on. LOL

:text-thankyouyellow:  

AMC RULES

Nice little collection you've got going on over there...keep up your good :wh: work. 

CasualObserver

Congrats, those are some great finds, particularly across the pond. There was a roller on craigslist near me a couple weeks ago but I wasn't able to act immediately and it didn't last but a few hours. I've also been finding attachments more appealing than tractors lately. Everyone has tractors, the real variety and conversation starters at shows are hard to find or rarely seen attachments!

via Tapatalk

welderman85

great collection cool finds

Stigian

I had a feeling you might of bid on that lot Andy :D

A nice haul Sir :handgestures-thumbup:

Anglo Traction

:text-yeahthat: . Thought about the Aerator, but as always, you never know who else is bidding from here............... You have a good little collection accumulating Andy :handgestures-thumbup: . 

papaglide

Nice collection! As farbas the little dump cart, I think fiberglass is the way to go. There will never be any more of those made so fixing it is the way to go. Doesnt have to be original to be usefull. Let us know what you decide.

rexman72

that's a really nice collection

Tankman

Now your implement / attachment collection is the "cats' meow."

You, me, or all of us, would really like the mid-mount grader blade. Heck, all your stuff!

Nice collection!

Fun Engineer

Very nice collection

wheeledhorseman

Thanks for the interest and positive comments guys - do I detect that some of the attachments are not easy to come by in the US? If so it makes me feel a bit better about the prices I'm having to pay here in the UK.

Nice collection! As farbas the little dump cart, I think fiberglass is the way to go. There will never be any more of those made so fixing it is the way to go. Doesnt have to be original to be usefull. Let us know what you decide.

You have a way with words there Mike and of course you're right about what you're saying so it's stored in the dry to wait it's turn to be repaired and returned to use. OMG now I'm becoming a rescue centre for attachments that are down on their luck as well  - I need a bigger barn!

Congrats, those are some great finds, particularly across the pond. There was a roller on craigslist near me a couple weeks ago but I wasn't able to act immediately and it didn't last but a few hours. I've also been finding attachments more appealing than tractors lately. Everyone has tractors, the real variety and conversation starters at shows are hard to find or rarely seen attachments!

via Tapatalk

I think you're onto something Jason so, despite not really having the time at present, I've decided to refurb the mid mount grader to put on a horse for the UK Roundup in July.

Thanks again for the interest guys.

Andy

meadowfield

Ahhh, it was you I was bidding against for the grader and aerator! :D

Good job I was away on hols at center parcs and had no signal when the auction came up...

Saved us both a few bob that did.