Sign in to follow this  
jeremi3210

deck spindles

jeremi3210

Hi i was wondering if any one knows if deck spindles off a 312-8 would fit a c101 deck? Thanks in advance.

Don1977

What size are the decks? If the decks are the same width they will work.

KATO

According to the information i can find on Toro"s web site

the C-101 42 inch sd deck is model 85-42ms01 which uses spindle 99-5361

283.00 at parts tree.

The 312-8 42 inch sd deck is model 05-42ms04 which uses spindle 111726

121.00 at parts tree.

This doesn't necessarily mean they won't interchange, but obviously there is some significant difference.

gwest_ca

This may help.

Clicking on your deck's model number should bring up one page showing the replacement spindles for that deck.

Garry

jeremi3210

Only reason iam asking is i csn get a 312-8 from a scrap yard for 70.00. It would be a no brainer but someone took the trans apart and the gears are pilled up on the fender. Iam not sure if all the parts are there. It does have a magnum 12 on it dont know if it runs. Do you think its worth it?

GlenPettit

Consider putting the C-101 Transmission on the 312, even if the 12hp Magnum engine did not work, your 10hp K-series might easily transfer over to that 312.  

On the 312 tranny, even if all the parts are there, there was a reason the PO took it apart and those gears are expensive. 

I suspect the entire 42" deck will transfer over to your C-101 with no problem, and a strong 10hp should be able to power it fine in normal grass (but not in long heavy or moist grass).  

If in a reasonable condition (except for the tranny), the 12hp newer tractor will do you much better with its deck.

My thought on Prices: a complete  42" SD deck in good condition -- $200,   and a 312 (less tranny) in working condition -- $200+, actually just a 12hp Kohler working engine is worth that.

With Wheel Horses, it's usually just only one thing at a time that goes bad, (tranny, motor, or deck);  most likely the deck and motor are fine on the tractor,  but then Junk Yard people are smart and would have looked at that engine, so check for compression first ($70 is "way too good a price", you know what just each spindle sells for). Hopefully you'll get a great deal there, good luck.