Sign in to follow this  
Antiquated

Left Rear Wheel Play

Antiquated

Hopefully I'm in the correct forum...

When working on my fuel system issues with the C-145 I have noticed my left rear wheel has about a eighth to a quarter inch of side to side movement on the axle.  The right wheel doesn't move at all side to side.  I'm new to this so how big of a deal may it be and what steps would I need to take to repair it.  I just want to get it fixed now before it becomes a larger problem.  Thanks!

Don1977

Some side to side movement on the axle is normal. Not sure mine move that much, might be 3/16".

bowtieguy

That tractor was is good shape for its age...so I don't think you have any problems with the axle movement....lets hook up a plow and see how it works!!

PS...hope you saw the post about Larry's "meet" in Sep.....hope you can make it...

pfrederi

Depends how you define side to side.  If you can push the axle in or pull it out up to 1/8th inch that is normal.  If you can move it up/down or front to rear you have a problem.

stevasaurus

If you are talking about slack in the gears in the trans...that is really normal.  If that is the case...I think you are OK. :)

can whlvr

i agree with paul,in and out is ok,up and down is a worn bearing and should be fixed right away before you wreck the axle or the housing,it would take alot to wear to the housing,but not too long before axle could get torn up

• Like 1