Sign in to follow this  
StWeiler

Are clevis/sleeve hitches still available new?

StWeiler

I have a couple newer brinly style sleeve hitch attachments that I'd like to put back in action behind the 518H.  I know I will need to modify the tongue on the attachments a bit to make them work. 

Are complete sleeve/clevis hitches still available to be ordered?  We are down to just 1 toro dealer now...and they seem to only focus on newer items and aren't much help on older stuff (really they focus on their commercial clients).  

any insight much appreciated. 

Butch

I believe the clevis hitch is still available and I think I saw a price of around $300.

gwest_ca

85518 sold 1994-2009 no longer available.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/

Garry

squonk

They pop up on E-bay now and then.

B-100 Dan

I agree with the above post, I see them onE-bay quite often.  I don't know if you could still buy a new one or not.  Chances are if you can I'll bet it would be pricey.  Good luck.  I've been trying to get a rear lift cable for my B-100, but so far no luck.

dennist

I have a couple newer brinly style sleeve hitch attachments that I'd like to put back in action behind the 518H.  I know I will need to modify the tongue on the attachments a bit to make them work. 

Are complete sleeve/clevis hitches still available to be ordered?  We are down to just 1 toro dealer now...and they seem to only focus on newer items and aren't much help on older stuff (really they focus on their commercial clients).  

any insight much appreciated.

Not my business, but have you changed your hydro pump to the 1100, and if not you may want do a search on the 700 vs 1100 pumps.

StWeiler

I haven't, and I'll worry about that when/if it starts to fail.  I'm only going to be using it for a dethatcher and a plug aerator.  I hardly doubt those will be an issue/strain on the Eaton 700

StWeiler

Thanks Butch! Sure wish there was a pic so I knew exactly what I was ordering...

steelman

I just bought a 417A and it has a clevis hitch on it. I don't know if the hitch works properly or not. I hope to get it working and would sure like to pull a small plow on it someday. It runs fine but fluids haven't been changed for awhile and tranny slips out of gear when sitting. This is good info to have around.

dcrage

Don't neglect going to the Toro dealers that used to handle Wheel Horses -- I was really suprised when I asked "Do you have any of the stuff I need to hook my tiller to my 310-8" at Mueller Motors in DeSoto, MO -- They had just about everything I needed stached away in their storage area -- I got cables, hitches, the rear "rock shaft" from them -- I think they had to get the cable from Toro, but my point is there are "parts" like this setting on shelves in a lot of these places

• Like 2

leeave96

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a clevis hitch.  It might take a little patience and time, but they can be found.