Sign in to follow this  
Johnnybgood

Trany belt on my workhorse lt1100

Johnnybgood

My trany belt wont stop turning when clutch pedal is applied I believe the belt guides need adjusted  but i tried  to no avail seems that  the belt is staying in the engine pulley and not releasing    i bought a new belt  a new idler pulley  next to main crankshaft pulley   any   help  would be appreciated  Thank You .

nylyon

Is the belt guard installed or is it off?

Johnnybgood

there is no belt  Guard on this  model  its a LT1100 Workhorse , 5 speed  trany  it does have 5 belt guides all  on the underside of the tractor 

gwest_ca

Not related but may be of interest

Garry

gwest_ca

See now you have a 5-speed so the service bulletin is not applicable.

Do you have the operator manual? If not go into the manuals and do a search for 810342R1.

Garry

Johnnybgood

i have the operators  manual but not the service manual  thanks

Don1977

There should be a wire guide on the same bolt as the idler. I should be adjusted so that when the clutch peddle is depressed it clamps the belt to stop it from turning.

Johnnybgood

Hello , Im still having a issue with the belt  not stopping when clutch pedal is engaged on my wotkhorse lt1100  5 speed Tractor  I cant seem to get the belt guides adjusted to stop the belt  from turning as there are  5 belt guides  have a new belt  a new  idler pully installed  any  help would be apreciated Thank  You  !

gwest_ca

Take a look at this service manual for the 1985 200-Series. I apologize for the poor copy but it may make sense to you.

Wire guides can be almost touching a tight belt.

Garry

Don1977

The wire guides on the engine pulley and the transmission pulley are there adjusted close just to keep the belt on. The one bolted on with the Idler is the one that needs adjusting. Take a cord and tie the clutch peddle down. Then adjust the that wire guard that is bolted with idler to clamp the belt. then untie the clutch peddle and make sure it is not touching the belt when the clutch is released. That is the best instructions I can give you.