Sign in to follow this  
Killer 2000 Chevy

So, Red or Yellow? Taking a poll.

Killer 2000 Chevy

Can't decide on whether or not to go to original yellow or IH red? I like the red, but am torn because I like to do stuff true to form.post-8084-0-99719600-1369176716.pngpost-8084-0-69700100-1369176839.png

AMC RULES

Cubs are yellow, right?   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

posifour11

I like the red. Cool contrast.

Sparky

Go with the original color.....(then sell it off for more WH funds... :eusa-whistle:  sorry, couldn't resist )

Mike...........

Wheelhorse84

Red looks way better but I guess you have to stay original.

Jake Kuhn

I'm liking the red :)

Ken B

If you want it stock go yellow, if you want it custom go red. Red looks sweet on a Custom Cub.

14310_zpsa355773d.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 4

Zeek

:text-yeahthat:  Personal preference though . . . I like the different things other do as well.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

MarkPalmer

The only Cub models that were painted in red and white (and yellow/white also) were the later IH 82 series, and that only until the point just after Cub Cadet was bought out by MTD.  My 682 is a red/white one, I like them as they look like little versions of IH farm tractors of their time.  I have a hard time convincing some people that my Cub is indeed painted correctly, they say isn't that supposed to be yellow? 

-Mark-

sscotsman

My opinion:

The red looks cool..I dont hate the color, its fine..

but because I know its non-original and "wrong" I could never enjoy it, if it was my tractor..

I vote for original yellow all day long..

Scot

Jim_M

It really needs to be the original yellow and white to be correct. But it's your tractor, do what you want, it can always be stripped and repainted again later.

953 nut

If it aint RED leave it in the Shed!  If you are that undecided why ont mix red and yellow and paint it orange.  LOL  It is your tractor, do what you want to do.

:USA: 

KC9KAS

Your tractor, so paint it like you want, but since you asked, paint it IH Yellow.

Ken B

Your tractor, so paint it like you want, but since you asked, paint it IH Yellow.

I agree with that! Before I decide whether I'm going to do a custom job on a tractor I first take into consideration its rarity and its condition! If its not rare and its condition is poor, then its game on. I have been at this little hobby for at least 30 yrs. now. I have restored more Cub Cadets and Wheel Horse's to original condition then I can possibly count. Not that I claim to be a pro or a know it all by any stretch, (might have learned a thing or two along the way though) Sometimes you just need to do something a little different to keep things interesting. This is a hobby that you need to enjoy personally, I learned a long time ago to not worry about trying to please anyone's taste other than my own.

546cowboy

I say if you are going to change the color you need to go all the way with it. I don't think much of the that two color scheme. Why not get wild with it and make it truly one of a kind. I realize this isn't a W/H or a Cub but this is a one of a kind Craftsman I got carried away with.

post-1334-0-91288200-1369305572_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-50361300-1369305588_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-26394700-1369305641_thumb.jp

Edited by 546cowboy
  • Like 3

Killer 2000 Chevy

Thanks for all the opinions. Yellow it is, keep tuned for updated pictures.