Sign in to follow this  
Tom.

Homemade slot hitch??

Tom.

Hi all,

I am looking to make a slot hitch for my C141 as I cannot source one here in the UK. I then thought why not make one however I just wondered if anyone has made one? I searched but was unable to find anything.

Thanks,

Tom

Don1977

The clevis hitch has been done a couple of times. Don't remember seeing a home made slot hitch. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I would  build it as wide as the cast attachment on the transmission. The narrow the slot by welding in two more up rights between two longer pieces of flat for the slot attachment.

W9JAB

ALASKA213.jpg

I needed  to pull stuff around,(stop laughing)

ALASKA214.jpg

it's been working for five years!

CasualObserver

Look at the rj/suburban slot hitches. They were just welded steel before Wheel Horse made that a cast iron part. C channel over flatstock with a flatstock tab for the cable to connect. Braced and welded to a pipe to pivot.

Heres an example i had handy in photobucket.

Posted Image

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Tom.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help. I had never seen that type of slot hitch that was on the RJ, it seems quite simple. I will have a go at making one, I'm sure I can do it even if it's after a few attempts!

Thanks again,

Tom

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

Hi Tom

Here's a photo prob from somewhere on the forum that I collected when I was thinking of making one but never got round to it (yet).

post-4509-0-59910000-1369039678.jpg

The more common type that seems to get home made most often is the one top left, somewhere on the site are the dimensions for making it but I'm sure someone will chip in with these again.

Hope this helps.

Andy

• Like 2