HorseWhisperer

Franken C

HorseWhisperer

I stuffed a KT 17 series ll in a C120 chassis.I added a 400 series fuel cell and fenders.I put on an electric actuator with correct  rock shaft and relocated the battery to the factory gas tank home.Check it out.It's for grabs in classifieds and on buy/sell/trade on Fb.

post-6115-0-29474600-1368977203_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-67025700-1368977223_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-24567400-1368977244_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-70252200-1368977284_thumb.jp

• Like 1

groundhog47

Nice work, like the back wheels, what size are they? I'll bet you can mow on/in idle! Also curious about mower mount up, is it standard C series. Have seen a few and passed up as thought wouldn't fit my C-120 mid mount attachment without retrofit whole system.

HorseWhisperer

Nice work, like the back wheels, what size are they? I'll bet you can mow on/in idle! Also curious about mower mount up, is it standard C series. Have seen a few and passed up as thought wouldn't fit my C-120 mid mount attachment without retrofit whole system.

Thanks,the wheels are straight off a 96Camry.the bolt pattern is the same as well as full size Ford cars and half ton pickups.The deck is original to a 70 electro.the only mod was the the incline bump stop on the front.It's the adjustable 1/4 rod with the little flat round rubber foot on the carriage itself.I just moved it to the right a couple inches away from the belt pattern.It works like it came from the factory.

Don1977

The older Fords were 5 on a 4 1/2" bolt circle the newer ones are all metric spacing.

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

Old Ford's like crown vics and the like.I had a 96 1/2 ton that also fit.I just took a hub to the junkyard and put them up to all the 5 lug pattern.It's pretty simple math.Turns out some volvos and bmws fit too.

HorseWhisperer

The deck was from a charger,it hung right from this chassis with no mods at all.

AMC RULES

Yep, the 5 on 4.5 bolt circle definitely does work...

but you'll find it's the hole in the center of the rim fitting  :wh: hubs becomes the issue. 

AMC's center holes are just a smidge too small. 

HorseWhisperer

Yep, the 5 on 4.5 bolt circle definitely does work...

but you'll find it's the hole in the center of the rim fitting  :wh: hubs becomes the issue. 

AMC's center holes are just a smidge too small. 

I use a hole saw and 1/2 drill motor to make um New orifice.The trick is to use the hole saw you want with the existing hole size inside the first one.Example-if you have a 4 1/2 hole and you need a 5 ,you twist the 5 on the arbor first then twist the 4 1/2 on and you have a pilot guide built right in.Other wise your chasing your tail tryin to get that 5 started! :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I've got a set of factory AMC aluminum slots(used the volcano center caps)..

at some point, I just might give that a try.     :thanks:

HorseWhisperer

Oh man I wanna see that!I have considered some aluminum rims and with a couple of lennox hole saws and a lil cutting oil bam!Stock AND slots would bring a certain sexy to an already irresistible temptation!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Not the best image, but these are the rims.

post-3498-0-51224800-1390443181.jpg

• Like 1

smoreau

Now that's a grocery getter! :ychain: I would take the other two rims that your not using, thay would look great on a rat rod :wh:

HorseWhisperer

Sweet color,what is that called?I think those rims are gonna look awesome!

AMC RULES

1976- Firecracker Red.