Sign in to follow this  
RMCIII

Bearings/42" Single Stage Snow Blower

RMCIII

I realizer there is a classified section, got a post in there already, no response. Since the forums seem to be the ticket, does anyone know on anyone, that has the main shaft bearings for a 42" snow blower. Model number 79365-8900001.  Part number 62-110-569. Local shop wants $52.03/per bearing. Thought I might see if someone has a couple lying around, they no longer need, and would not mind parting. I know, CLASSIFIED!!!! :)

gwest_ca

The part number looks like 110569 to me. This is for the shaft with the driven pulley on one end and a sprocket on the other. Is the shaft 3/4" or 7/8" diameter?

Garry

RMCIII

Great question Gary. Looking through the manual has no dimension listed. But yes, to the statement, drive pully on one end and sproket on the other. I'll have to go home and check the shaft size.

Rob

gwest_ca

Found where I made a note it is a 7/8" shaft. You can get a bearing from a bearing supply or farm supply that will fit into the round 3-bolt flanges and it uses a separate locking collar. The earlier models used a 3/4" shaft and someone came up with adding a 3/4"-7/8" bushing to the shaft so the 7/8" ID bearing could be used. The 7/8" is more common and cheaper. The more common 3/4" bearing will not fit the 3-bolt flanges. Try searching this site for it although it could have been elsewhere.

The locking collar has a series of holes in it so you can use a punch to rotate the collar in the direction of normal rotation so the eccentrics are tight. Then tighten the set screws. This prevents the shaft from turning inside the bearing. Clear as mud?

Garry

RMCIII

That appears to be exactly the bearing I am looking for. Does anyone have a couple they would want to sell?

Rob

Wyattrrp

Read this link posted earlier. Often you can do a search in the searcdh window and find past posts with the needd info.

'

Wyattrrp

read my last 2 posts and if same bearings it is cheap with good looking quality bearings and cheap US postage ot 1 Day Delivery of UPS. The instructions wlist how to look up what yoru bearings are too. If 7/8 probably the same ones. replae both at that price!!

Shuboxlover

message sent....

Wyattrrp

If you are recommended buying from Toro at retail for $53+ per bearing do so. No issue here is you want to pay retail.  

My blower worked well this past year with a heavy snow season with several 12", 18", 14" , 27 " snow falls using the Single Stage blower with these newbearings and all worked fine. My bearings were <$7EA and postage <$6.

Toro bearings for $53 EA plus shipping could last longer?  I doubt it these days. Probably made by same overseas manufacturer.

Just make sure your shaft is the proper size as per your order.  I think that post I refer to instructs to whaere I look up Toro and replacment part # and referenced equivalent part # at parts store.

Wyatt

RMCIII

Thank-you everyone.

Rob