Sign in to follow this  
muuarren

520-HC Lift not operational

muuarren

I have recently acquired a 520-HC.  I have now managed to get it running (thanks to the help of some of the folks on here), but the lift for the deck does not lift the deck.  When I move the lever I can see some linkage or something move underneath and then it gives that hissing squeal sound like a hydraulic cylinder reaching the end.  It does this in both directions.  Something is working but it is not doing the work that is expected.  Any help in heading in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt

Sparky

The hydraulic lift and tranny share the same fluid. Check the tranny fluid level. Then crawl under it with out the deck on (use wheelchocks or jack up the rear) and look at the lift arms, maybe one of them is missing something. Make sure the rockshaft is connected to the lift arm.

Mike...........

WH nut

Check and make sure the chain is hook up

jimbo7921

Had the same problem with mine ended up being that the wieght of the 60 inch deck stretched the threads of the eye bolt conected to the lift arm. u can check all this linkage by removing the plate under the dash

muuarren

Thanks.  I couldn't figure how to get a good look at things.  As soon as I took the two panels off under the dash I was able to see that there was nothing connecting the lift arm to the deck.  Is that supposed to be a chain?  I used an 'L' bent length of threaded rod and some nuts.  Presto.

Thank you.