Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

AC Alternator

Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

Ok.....I've got a 1972 Wheel Horse Power booklet. In the back, with the attachments. There's an AC Alternator attachment.....does anyone have one of these? Can you still get one or possibly make one? Just curious. 

Sparky

Are you talking about a generator attachment to produce household type power? I'm sure TORO does not offer them anymore but they can be found used for sale. The ones WH sold came in a 3000watt 120volt version which is not really capable of running a house to well and a 5000watt 240/120 volt unit that was perfect for powering up a house.

A few guys here have made their own with a generator head. Northern Tool and Harbor Freight both offer generator heads.

Mike...........

Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

Yep, that's it. In the book they called in an AC Alternator. I didn't think toro would have them anymore. I was looking through that book and thought, Hmm, my charger 12's tranny is pretty well had, and a good job for it would be driving around front, parking in the yard, and powering up a couple lights, the fridge, tv and microwave if the electric goes out. 

Lane Ranger

Here are a couple photos of the 3000 Watt Generator set Generac made for Wheel Horse.