Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

C-100

CHARGER9AUTO

I have my '74 C-100 8-Speed with the 10 HP Kohler I like to swap out this motor ,

put the 16 HP K-341 for more :horseplay: horse power into the C-100 it will be the same tractor except a C-160 with 5091 transmission . Ben

pond195520032003

Hi Ben, sounds good, but have you checked the clearence between the hood and top of engine? just a thought B)

CHARGER9AUTO

Hey GREG, The C-100 / C-160 is basically the same tractor so I'm positive the 16 HP Kohler should clear the hood . B)

CHARGER9AUTO

I taken out the Kohler K-241 10 HP motor and mounted the K-341 16 HP in my C-100 for more horse power I need to put the tractor back together tomarrow . Ben

I could take the tractor a part and sell it in parts sheet metal , frame , transmission

locally to thin out the herd of parts tractors . Ben

BairleaFarm

Are you asking a question or telling a statement? Repowe for more power is always better B)

Teddy da Bear

Hi Ben, sounds good, but have you checked the clearence between the hood and top of engine? just a thought
Yeah!

Or this could happen!

Attached Image

post-3-1218632048.jpg

CHARGER9AUTO

David I posted about to repower my '74 C-100 with more :horseplay: horse power . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike, I made a mistake by to swap motors from the 10 HP Kohler , K-341 in the tractor . Ben

Sparky

Mike, I made a mistake by to swap motors from the 10 HP Kohler , K-341 in the tractor . Ben

So if I get it (and I seldom do) is the 10hp going back in the C-100? Whats up with the 16hp motor?

Mike........

CHARGER9AUTO

Sparky

Sorry, no interest here in the C-100. Just tryin to understand the project your workin on. I have to many projects myself and I have another coming home this weekend B) .

Good luck with yours.

Mike.........

WheelHorse_of_course

Just a comment

thrill not-withstanding, :horseplay: :banana: more power is not necessarily all that useful. And with the price of gas these days it is best to size the tractor to the requirements.

B)

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike, I heard over the phone you put a 12M MAGNUM in your C-105 :whistle: I need to tear down all my parts Wheel Horses because there is no sense of them rust away . I have a '73 12 8 SPEED I've picked up with 12 HP Kohler but it knocks The man who sold to me didn't say it had any problems until afterwards when I hauled it home and tryed it out . I like to rebuild this with the 10 HP Kohler off a '72 Raider 10 6-Speed . Ben.............. makes mistakes to fix up Horses B)

CHARGER9AUTO

I found out that the 5091 transmission does not stay in Gear on my C-100 I will tear the tractor down to It's frame sell the rest for parts . I never rebuild transmissions only restore tractors . Ben....... B) Wheel Horse :whistle: