Sign in to follow this  
Lars

Oil Filter

Lars

Hey all

Ill need help to find the right oilfilter to the tranny on my 73  12 auto..

and ill also need some advice on oil to put on it.. it has been sitting for around 25 yrs. and it has tan oil on it to day so it must be some kind of engine oil.. so im going to flush/clean it and add new fresh oil on it.. so what is best to put on it

the manual says  SAE 1OW-30 or 1OW-40 Engine OR Dexron II or III Trans oil

Thanks

squonk

I don't know what brands you have over at the other side of the lake Lars, but If you could I would use Mobil 1 10W-30 and a OEM Toro filter or a Napa 1410

Lars

Ok  thanks squonk.

just need to find some that shipps to norway..  i have found a few on e bay but dang.. 45-49 buks to shipp it to me...:o

wheeledhorseman

Lars, have you tried the Toro agent in Norway?

Hako Ground & Garden As.
  • Verkseier Furulunds vei 13
  • Oslo, N-0668
  • Norway
  • Main Fax +47 22 90 7770
  • Main Phone +47 22 90 7760
  • Fax - Parts & Service +47 22 32 1514
  • Email hako@hako.no

It could work out cheaper and it would be OEM.

If all else fails then I could get one on my next Toro order here in the UK and send it to you but if it has to be ordered it could take some time.

Andy

meadowfield

I second the use of 10w30....

Lars

Lars, have you tried the Toro agent in Norway?

Hako Ground & Garden As.
  • Verkseier Furulunds vei 13
  • Oslo, N-0668
  • Norway
  • Main Fax +47 22 90 7770
  • Main Phone +47 22 90 7760
  • Fax - Parts & Service +47 22 32 1514
  • Email hako@hako.no

It could work out cheaper and it would be OEM.

If all else fails then I could get one on my next Toro order here in the UK and send it to you but if it has to be ordered it could take some time.

Andy

Thx Andy..

i will check whit a dealer not far from me.. and hear what they say.. and ill let you know..

Lars

Edited by Knusern

Lars

Well got some prices on oil filter here to day i was on the phone whit 3 diffrent companys... And it was a bit pricy from 59 to 67 buks shipped to me :o...

squonk

I don't see why I couldn't send you a 1410 Napa filter for less than that. Are those prices American $$$$?

Lars

I don't see why I couldn't send you a 1410 Napa filter for less than that. Are those prices American $$$$?

yeeep they are american $$$....

i just think it is crazy... i have one more place to hear whit but that will be on monday.. but i dont think they are any cheaper..

Trouty56

Might be surprised how much it costs....I sent a small flat rate box...which is pretty little....costs about 25 bucks....next flat rate jumps to 40 and a couple cents.  That would be where this falls.  would be still less than fifty but pretty pricey.

But you could send a bunch of other stuff in the box too..... :)

Max. length 60", max. length plus girth combined 108"......$40.55

Edited by Trouty56

boovuc

Anymore, if a business doesn't have next to a corporate rate with FedEx, UPS or DHL, their shipping costs by air are outrageous. (Plus they need to add a bit for their take).

Small businesses don't ship enough to get top line discounts with parcel companies. If you really want to see high rates before my company's corporate discount, try sending haz-mat from the US to The Netherlands, Belgium or Germany. It's enough to make your eyes bleed looking at an invoice showing before and after discounts. No wonder a lot of companies refuse to ship overseas. It isn't prejudice or the hassles. It is purely the costs. 

Lars

Anymore, if a business doesn't have next to a corporate rate with FedEx, UPS or DHL, their shipping costs by air are outrageous. (Plus they need to add a bit for their take).

Small businesses don't ship enough to get top line discounts with parcel companies. If you really want to see high rates before my company's corporate discount, try sending haz-mat from the US to The Netherlands, Belgium or Germany. It's enough to make your eyes bleed looking at an invoice showing before and after discounts. No wonder a lot of companies refuse to ship overseas. It isn't prejudice or the hassles. It is purely the costs. 

Yeah i know they are expensive... but this was usps rate's (regular post).. i have checked diffrent companys.. and if i but like 10-15 of them it is not so bad..i found one on ebay that was 47 buks for one and 55 buks for 10... but

i have found a place here in norway close to me that i have to pay 25 buks for the filter and i can pick it up,..

• Like 1