Sign in to follow this  
Clandon520h

Onan P-220-G

Clandon520h

Hi. I just bought a wheel horse 520-h. It came from the original owners son. Ive never owned a wheel horse or an onan before. Is there anything i should know about them? Any special maintenance? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris

WH nut

Keep it clean and keep it cool. Make sure you blow out under the tins.

MalMac

Like said, keep it clean. DO NOT LET GRASS ACCUMULATE ON THE FLYWHEEL GRASS SCREEN. Doing so will cause overheating on any air cooled engine, but the Onan will not tolerate it at all. Use a good grade of clean gas always because the Onan's carb is very finicky. When running right the Onan got some guts but they do demand way more attention than a very forgiving Old cast iron Kohler. They are like a horse (no pun intended) can't run them hard then put them in the barn wet. You got to care for them after words. The 520 was the Cadillac of the Wheel Horse line. Not so much the bread and butter for Wheel Horse. They came with all the whistles and bells. Since they came with all the extras it's safe to say they by nature will come with more chances for problems. Even with all this they are a very desirable tractor. Congrats on becoming a Wheel Horse owner. Joining this forum is the next best thing you could have done next to purchasing your new Horse. There are a lot of members on here with a wealth of knowledge. You will learn a lot on here. My family was a Wheel Horse dealer years ago and I have learned more on here than even the factory was willing to share. Once again congratulations on becoming a Wheel Horse owner and Welcome to Red Square.

Clandon520h

Thanks a lot guys. The tractor i bought is in verry good shap. It has the 60 inch deck. The guy i bought it from was asking 600. I talked him down to 500. I think i did good. Lol. Is that a good price for a 520- h with the 60 inch deck?

Thanks a lot guys. The tractor i bought is in verry good shap. It has the 60 inch deck. The guy i bought it from was asking 600. I talked him down to 500. I think i did good. Lol. Is that a good price for a 520- h with the 60 inch deck?

I dont know how i just replied twice..... sorry. Lol

decksetter

I dont know how i just replied twice..... sorry. Lol

If it runs good you just about stole it!

Clandon520h

Runs but needs the carb cleaned and a muffler. The tractor itself is in awsome shape. 463 hours. The deck is also in good shape.