Sign in to follow this  
Trouty56

Call me dumb, I don't care.

Trouty56

I really like to use whatever I can from parts I have. The two things that can cost way more than what I like are seats and tires. I recovered this seat today. Cost about 15 bucks.

post-1933-136727516872_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Fifteen dollars!   :scared-eek: 

What...are you nuts?   :ROTF:

LOL...you're upholstery work looks great Bob.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

Looks great Bob! Are you going to post some pics of how you do it (or do I have to send my seats over to you?)

Andy

• Like 1

Trouty56

It was a lot of pulling and fighting....I feel like I was in a wrestling match,  There isn't a stitch in it. 

Andy.....once I started I had to keep hold of this thing or it would have sprung.....lol.....

I can describe it though..... :)

• Like 1

dclarke

Looks real good, Bob.  :thumbs:

MarkPalmer

It looks nice and comfy, and that's what really counts.  :)

-Mark-

squonk

It was a lot of pulling and fighting....I feel like I was in a wrestling match,  There isn't a stitch in it. 

Andy.....once I started I had to keep hold of this thing or it would have sprung.....lol.....

Be careful the first time you sit on it or better yet, have someone else try it out first!
  • Like 2

Trouty56

Be careful the first time you sit on it or better yet, have someone else try it out first!

Haha Squonk....might get thrown off....

KC9KAS

Nice job.

dbartlett1958

I would be proud to have that seat on my tractor.

rwilson

Heck I recovered a seat with black duct tape.. Just to keep dry!! I do have some vinyl i'll have to give it a try.

• Like 1

Trouty56

I cut 2 pieces of foam and started at the top.  I folded a few inches up underneath the the bottom of the vinyl then started pulling and stretching.....should have thrown the vinyl in the dryer to warm it up.  I was too anxious once I had it started.  When I got to the folded area I tucked it up good, pulled it tight , and beat the edging on.  Used a rubber mallet.  Started the bottom cushion with a fold over the top.  Then wrestled and pulled like heck to get the bottom on.  Had to make little folds at the corners but the edging went on pretty tight.  The first side I did where the two cushions come together doesn't look as good as the second side but I am not going to mess with it.  The little retaining clip doesn't fit the gap where the edging comes together now.  it is about 3/4 of an inch of gap.  I'm afraid that may be the weak point.

Well.....thanks for kind comments.....

Jake Kuhn

Looks very good!

Hodge71

All you have to do is figure out how to emboss those little :wh: on the back cushion. I will then buy 3 !!!