Sign in to follow this  
pacer

Another 1054 brought back from the dead

pacer

I got my 1054 to the point that it would move under its own power and the temptation to go out and cut donuts and pop wheelies just couldnt be resisted. Seriously, I wanted to get it out and make sure everything checked OK before hanging all the sheet metal on and couldnt make adjustments. only thing I found was toe-in was way off - was toed out and steered terribly. but a couple runs back to the shop with a few turns on the drag link solved that. Sticky throttle and a pulley got loose ... minor stuff, all in all worked nicely!!! YEA! Now I can get all the sheet metal on and start on the mower deck, its in pretty decent condition, just dirty and lot of surface rust - which translates to "a lot of freakin work"

Those big a** tires look pretty wicked I think...

That seat is from a Target store handicap scooter, Hah! I thought that was pretty fitting for an old geezer !

Gerry (aka Groundhog47) from here on the forum who lives nearby came over and we got our selves introduced, and talked horses and he go to see the newly running 1054 in action.

Gerry (Groundhog) on the right and me the proud Papa on the left..

post-9681-0-13412900-1367243662_thumb.jp

post-9681-0-53575000-1367243727_thumb.jp

post-9681-0-90544500-1367243757_thumb.jp

• Like 2

SousaKerry

NOICE!!  :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

WH nut

Nice looking tractor

WH854

Good job! :thumbs:  Parts must be hard to find  for a 1054. Another note that red dirt looks familiar. I lived in east Texas first 19 years of my life. :thumbs:

Chas

1054josh

Lookin good what did it look like when u started ?

pacer

Chas - I had pretty good luck in finding the parts I needed and I made several in my home shop (lathe & mill, etc) That 'red' dirt is pretty awful, wont grow anything as can be seen in the bare spots in the yard.

Josh, I cant believe I didnt get a single pic of the whole tractor as it was, I did take a few of certain areas - this one of the battery box & generator and the front area are typical of the whole tractor...

post-9681-0-67025600-1367249361_thumb.jp

post-9681-0-92228400-1367249462_thumb.jp

KC9KAS

Looks very nice. Thanks for the photos.

groundhog47

Bill, that is an astonishing transition, and I was lucky to see what you've done that is on and off. Shoot you cuda built the whole thing without the tractor anyway. The deck wants to sleep but I now see you are goin' to awaken it, found a picture of mule mounted, prob in gallery, can't be certain!

Wheel-N-It

You two boys look like trouble waiting to happen! LOL LOL

Seriously, Bill you did a great job on the 1054! That is one fine looking Wheel Horse now.   :bow-blue:

VinsRJ

Very nice... looking forward to the final product!

Jake Kuhn

That looks very nice! It will be amazing when it is all finished up!

Ken B

Congrats on a job well done! That came out very nice.