Sign in to follow this  
Knucklebuster61

C-125 PTO to Mower Deck Belt Size / 43" RD.

Knucklebuster61

Can someone tell me what the belt size is for a C-125 from the PTO to the mower deck for a 43" rear-discharge deck? Thanks!

GlenPettit

Your '82 to '85 model C-125 (#01-12K801) Tractor would have a 42" RD deck, (#05-42MR01)

and uses a Mower Drive Belt #108834 (HA 98" long), the Tractor Drive Belt is #7473 (HB 82" long).

Best to always buy TORO/Wheel Horse belts, they have the correct side wall angles, ='s longer life,

$26.50 on eBay, free shipping.

• Like 2

Hodge71

:text-yeahthat:  Ive learned from experience. It seems as if nothing transfers power or lasts longer than  geunuine Wheel Horse belt. Money well spent as far as I'm concerned

Edited by hodge71
  • Like 2

Knucklebuster61

Your '82 to '85 model C-125 (#01-12K801) Tractor would have a 42" RD deck, (#05-42MR01)

and uses a Mower Drive Belt #108834 (HA 98" long), the Tractor Drive Belt is #7473 (HB 82" long).

Best to always buy TORO/Wheel Horse belts, they have the correct side wall angles, ='s longer life,

$26.50 on eBay, free shipping.

Thanks for the great info, Glen. I got the tractor in a trade and was given the choice (via photos) of 3 decks and chose the one that looked in the best shape. It fits on the tractor just fine,but when I measure it, it's exactly 43" from side to side and it's a R/D. I assume the belt pully would be the same location and therefore the same belt as a 42".  Or is my measurement incorrect?

GlenPettit

A deck is measured by the cutting width, outside of left & right blades, the deck shell contains the blades. With your model, same pulley spot.

The Blades are actually 141/8" (rather than 3 times 14 = 42"), and they are measured diagonally, through the center hole -- and the spindles are slightly offset under the deck.  You  made the smart choice, taking the one with the best deck condition.  If you have an area/local Wheel Horse/TORO dealer, you want to support them.  Post your location on the Member map (red bar above) to find other RS members near you, everyone is very helpful here.