Sign in to follow this  
Trouty56

Sort of "new" tractor

Trouty56

Last fall I came across this no name 14 8 speed.  I tinkered with it fixing this and that....painted it with motor oil and wiped it down (as some guys do with older tractors I thought what the hey) and got it to this point.  It came with a real nice 42 inch rear discharge deck that I traded Jdog for a side discharge.  Another member now has the deck and I even sold him a couple spindle housings....funny how this stuff changes hands.  I had some DD spindles I rebuilt and now the deck works really good.  I have a 48 inch deck but it is a little big for my bumpy yard.  It has a great running 14hp engine.  Got the tractor, deck, and pushblade for 275....

gallery_1933_124_1373955.jpg

Something else I got in a round about way....this trailer came with the wheelbarrow in the background and a de-thatcher.  One of those little pull behinds.  This trailer came from Ohio when Jdog and i were on a roadtrip a couple years ago.  J sold it to a guy in Frederick who I just bought it back from.....deal for all three was 140 bucks.

gallery_1933_124_2081460.jpg

Well that's it for me.....4 is plenty to keep me busy....now I need to sell the monkey wards that I mowed with for 16 years....haha

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:wh: Looks great Bob...nice score there.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Lars

Great deal you got there:)

Trouty56

Hi Craig....are you all recovered now??  Time flies I guess cause that was 3 - 4 months ago.....maybe I'll see you in June....

Trouty56

Thanks Lars....how's the weather over there??  I sent some candy to your brother....did he like it??

AMC RULES

Hi Craig....are you all recovered now??  Time flies I guess cause that was 3 - 4 months ago.....maybe I'll see you in June....

Back to work full time now, still doing PT twice a week, a bit tender at the end of work day though. 

Thanks for checking on me...plan to see you there too, good lord willing...and the creek don't rise.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Lars

Thanks Lars....how's the weather over there??  I sent some candy to your brother....did he like it??

Hey Bob..

The weather overe here is good now.. all the snow is gone Wohoooooo lol-... yeah he liked it.. and i dint get a taste of it..   dang  

• Like 1

dclarke

Looks like you got a good deal, Bob.  :thumbs:

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh: Bob very nice.I had a c141 those 14 are real workers. I hope u enjoy your sort of new tractor.Gary     B........

Tankman

Looks great, works for you, the price was right.

Now, get to work! Mow 'd lawn! :smile:

Trouty56

Looks like you got a good deal, Bob.  :thumbs:

For the trailer I have to figure I got the wheelbarrow and de-thatcher for 140......then got the trailer for free....lol

Trouty56

Looks great, works for you, the price was right.

Now, get to work! Mow 'd lawn! :smile:

Get er done....lol

:USA:  :wh: Bob very nice.I had a c141 those 14 are real workers. I hope u enjoy your sort of new tractor.Gary     B........

Thanks Gary.....I like the 14hp very much.....lots of power and a bit better mileage......

leeave96

Very nice tractor and excellent on the grass!!!!

I've got a wheelhorse trailer like you've got - use it to haul firewood.

Good luck,

Bill

Trouty56

Very nice tractor and excellent on the grass!!!!

I've got a wheelhorse trailer like you've got - use it to haul firewood.

Good luck,

Bill

Thanks Bill....I was worried about the cut after reading about twisted 42 inch SD decks......I was doubting my decision to trade the RD for it.  I feel better now that I see how nice a job this deck does..... :)

Not sure what to do with the trailer.....thinking of taking a trip to Kevbo's and painting the inside with POR-15.  Bet he has a good bit left from his deck restore....hahahaha

• Like 1

bean

nice tractor.  I had a no name 8hp and it was probably my favorite WH to use around the house.

thehorse

Hi trouty I'm about ready to get working on the deck you mentioned above. (Housings). What's the chances of getting your phone number when I begin in case I need feedback?

Thanks

Len

VinsRJ

Looks like you have a great tractor... four may sound like alot now but you will add to the collection...

• Like 1

Trouty56

Hi trouty I'm about ready to get working on the deck you mentioned above. (Housings). What's the chances of getting your phone number when I begin in case I need feedback?

Thanks

Len

Len...If I can help I surely will.  If I don't have the answer we can ask online here too.  Hit me with a PM when the time comes and I'll shoot you my cell phone.  I've been working a lot here this spring but I can still help you out.

Looks like you have a great tractor... four may sound like alot now but you will add to the collection...

I guess plans may change...... :)